Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Would you be happy if TB sold the club if it guaranteed survival? Or do you prefer a scrap

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No childish ramblings here. I was genuinely asking what the NSC community thought. Tis not a crime is it?

Ok, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. But you’ve been incredibly naive not to expect some flak asking that question on NSC. It’s like you walked into a crowded Bikers pub and just stuck Rick Astley on the jukebox.

Skoda_htafc

Sep 1, 2017
Why would you want a foreign group of people who couldn't give a toss about the club and only care about profit margins to own it? Bloom has been amazing for your lot as much as Hoyle has been for us.. much rather have a club run by a moderatley wealthy owner ( compared to others out there) who feels passion for the club and can retain a top tier place instead of some profit seeking bunch who only see a club as a investment(not gone well for villa,Portsmouth,Blackburn etc) Both our clubs have made the big league now with fans at the helm. but neither of us should forget where our current owners have dragged us up from.. not to long ago we were both looking like we might not be around to much longer

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why would you want a foreign group of people who couldn't give a toss about the club and only care about profit margins to own it? Bloom has been amazing for your lot as much as Hoyle has been for us.. much rather have a club run by a moderatley wealthy owner ( compared to others out there) who feels passion for the club and can retain a top tier place instead of some profit seeking bunch who only see a club as a investment(not gone well for villa,Portsmouth,Blackburn etc) Both our clubs have made the big league now with fans at the helm. but neither of us should forget where our current owners have dragged us up from.. not to long ago we were both looking like we might not be around to much longer

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

I agree. But lets not kid ourselves that Man City fans are not thoroughly enjoying where they are right now. Some of them must have been uncertain, or unhappy about the takeover, but winning away at Old Trafford two years in a row just helps the recalibration of expectations. Takeovers rarely happen when the existing ownership is doing well, in any case. If it happened to either of us there would just be a resetting of opinions and we carry on. Indeed it did happen to us when Bloom took over from Dick Knight, not everyone was that happy about it, me included, because DK was our saviour and TB was a bloke with a big checkbook coming in and taking over. But we all reset, convince ourselves he has the clubs best interests at heart (pretty easy in the case of Bloom) and carry on. Success tells us we were right

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I remember Paul Barber once explaining how, when he first joined the club, he asked Tony what the plan was if he ever decided to sell up. Tony smiled at him, then directed Paul's attention to a picture of (I believe) his grandson. I don't remember his exact words, but long story short Tony is going nowhere, this club is staying in the Bloom family and is intended to be a legacy for his children and grandchildren.

And so, /thread.

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
Well thinking about what i have seen on here over the past few months. Alot of people on here seem to think that clubs that have been sold to say Saudi's or Russians have lost their soul and identity.

Though sure it would be weird to have a massive injection of cash to be able to afford those luxury players to guarantee survival and perhaps give the big boys a run for their money. But would the club lose it's soul and identity?

Would you be happy to accept marque players and "sell" out or are you happy to battle it out in the potential relegation dogfight we might see ourselves in?

Your thoughts on the matter?

JCL.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I think i'm just going to logout really. I can't even have a conversation without being called a troll, bedwetter, stupidest thread of the year or fishing. Seriously guys iv'e actually done nothing wrong and certainly done nothing to merit the crap i'm getting on here. Talk about toxic community. I'll leave you to it.

Better fishing than the thread itself, but still very amateur. Bye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here