Would we sell our Wembley ticket allocation

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Just seeing that Blackpool have 10,000 tickets left for the final, to me that's a big number, West Ham sold there number and are hoping for me if Blackpool don't sell.

This is not a big up thread just curious as i am really surprised by the numbers left.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
blackpool had sold 28,000 by the close of business yesterday, not a bad effort but wembley must by now be able to offer west ham more if west ham have sold out 38k thats over 20,000 empty seats still

Over 30 odd thousand sold in 1991 for a crap ole of a national stadium that most had been either 8 years earlier or with Ingerlund,

29,997 sold for a match 200 miles away.

40,000 in today's money would probably mean half a dozen or so airmchair fans would miss out, I'm certain of that

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
also worth mentioning that it has a much smaller population than Brighton & Hove, and they averaged 12,764 (less than palace ffs) this season

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
also worth mentioning that it has a much smaller population than Brighton & Hove, and they averaged 12,764 (less than palace ffs) this season

I see that but there stadium only holds 16k

But the Attendance was 82k when they beat Cardiff cant tell how many they sold then though.

Usually the plastics come out for games like this

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I see that but there stadium only holds 16k

But the Attendance was 82k when they beat Cardiff cant tell how many they sold then though.

even so, its very expensive to get from blackpool to london, by train or car. i cant imagine that 30% of a town's population would be bothered, yet alone be able to afford it.

As mentioned, we took 30k to cardiff, we'd easily take 40k to wembley.

what's this? most obvious statement of the day competition? of course the 'plastics' come out for these games, how else did Gillingham sell 40,000?, Blackpool 28,000, Notts County 19,000, Brighton 33,000, Luton 35,000 and so on and so on and so on, how many would Palace take or even Crawley? with the exception of the top 10 players in the premier league every clubs following will be higher than their average

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
i remember how amazed i was at the numbers in the 2004 play off final, going by that 100% we would sell close to 40,000.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Stating the bleeding obvious I know, but Brighton is a lot closer to Wembley, and at a guess I would say that there is more spare dosh down here. Population will play a big part too.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think we probably would do, but times are tough for a lot of people and geography is a big factor. Staying the night can put at least another £100-150 per person on the trip from Blackpool.

We can do Wembley easily in a day and have a decent support, so I reckon we would (just) sell 37,000.

But as we saw in Cardiff, nearby Bristol City sold 40,000 while we had I believe around 29,000.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think we'd sell over 40,000 for our first trip to the new Wembley if we were given the tickets. But if we returned two years later as Blackpool have done, I'd expect our support to drop off by a few thousand.

There seems to be a concerted mark up for the playoffs lately too. Don't know the WHam prices, but tickets for Crewe are £40-60+ plus booking fee rip off. Quite a lot if you are normally paying £18 in the bottom flight.
There does seem to be a general dip in ticket sales - recession or prices which discourage day trippers?
Luton have sold 29 000 and York 7500 for the playoff at the weekend- Wembley is not opening the top tier for that one. To be fair to York they were at Wembley last weekend too!

D

Deleted member 18477

We would easily sell 40k for a wembley final. I could name 30 people alone who would turn up for a big day out at wembley! About half have Brighton as a second team and the other half support Brighton but don't have season tickets due to money/work/free time.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Blackpool have been to Wembley a few times in recent years, as well, which tends to lower demand.

FWIW, last year Swansea and Reading sold out every single possible ticket they could have, including the Club Wembley returns.

Albion would sell out with no problems - if only because of the number of casual fans or hangers-on who come out of the woodwork to have the "Wembley experience"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports