Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would Maty have saved their first goal, in your opinion?

Do you think Maty would have saved West Ham’s first?

• Yes, I think Maty would have saved their first

Votes: 48 47.1%
  • No, I don’t think that Maty would have saved their first

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • I don’t like expressing an opinion - especially when it’s on a subjective thing rather than fact.

Votes: 21 20.6%

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Easy to point the finger at Button or Duffy, but if someone had made life even slightly more difficult for Mark Noble it wouldn’t even be a discussion. Team game and all that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No he wouldn't.

However, the ball was out of play on the far side during the build up (first phase of possession they probably call it these days). The ball was then worked to Noble who picked out Arnautovic. Duffy was more at fault in my opinion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because the time machine arrives tomorrow? When it arrives, go back in time and have it delivered a day earlier... then we will know for sure!
Or just go back in time and tell Button to ****ing save it!

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Personally, Button looks like a disaster to me. Yet to come off his line in 2 matches and the defence look like they have no confidence in him. I have a horrible feeling he will throw a few in. 1st goal wouldn’t have happened with Ryan in goal.
I do think we should have a better No2 then a guy who couldn’t get into a championship team last year!

Agree unfortunately. Both seem a step down on last seasons back up keepers - who are showing how good they are in the Championship

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Duffy wasn't goal side of Arnautovic and so he advanced well into our six yard box which wouldn't have happened if Duffy was. Duffy then slipped, allowing Arnautovic to slip it in from 3 yards. Yes it went through Button's legs but can't be his fault from that range.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agree unfortunately. Both seem a step down on last seasons back up keepers - who are showing how good they are in the Championship

Apart from Burnley, who lucked out with Nick Pope (he'd never been that highly rated before he got there), how many PL clubs have truly top class second choice keepers? Some (Arsenal, Palace, Huddersfield, plus Liverpool for the whole of last season etc) don't even have decent first choice ones.

Romero at United isn't great. Cech is poor these days. Saints have Forster who's been dismal for two seasons. Liverpool still have Mignolet I think. Chelsea usually have some past it character. Newcastle use youngsters, or Rob Elliot when fit. Bournemouth, Cardiff, Everton: no idea but they're probably pretty ordinary.

The fact is, top players want to play, and if they're not playing in forever, then they'll move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that there appeared to be no connection between defender, I thought that it was Dunk but obviously wrong,neither knew what the other was going to do, which wouldn't have happened with Ryan.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Whenever Button makes a save I noticed he smiles. Probably thinking how did I manage to do that?
When Ryan pulls out a top save his face turns aggressive. Typical of a keeper who believes in himself

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whenever Button makes a save I noticed he smiles. Probably thinking how did I manage to do that?
When Ryan pulls out a top save his face turns aggressive. Typical of a keeper who believes in himself

But managed to concede three goals today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here