Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Liverpool sell us Teixeira in the summer?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Motor Power

It is all about opinions but I have to say Tex is at least a level above Kaz . Kaz can play in the middle but tex has better vision and is more flowing when running with the ball.

Vision and Tex seems to be ahead. But to be fair Tex only glides past opponents, Kaz motors past them. I hope Naylor gets the descriptions right! Kaz is more two footed as well.

I'm a big fan of KLL but anyone who thinks he is close to or on a par with Tex is wrong (IMO of course!)

Tex just 'glides' across a pitch and has the touch of a genius. His football brain is very clear to see and he reminds me a lot of Coutinho at Liverpool. If he continues his development at the rate shown this season he will be in the Liverpool 1st team within 2 years.

We should all enjoy seeing him play for us while we can!

Totally this - he is SUCH a good player and we are extremely fortunate to be able to watch him play football.

So many aspects of his game are so good but particularly his work rate which combined with his high technical ability, vision, touch, awareness etc. etc (a touch of George Best IMHO) makes him special. When he improves his shooting he could be devastating.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Totally this - he is SUCH a good player and we are extremely fortunate to be able to watch him play football.

So many aspects of his game are so good but particularly his work rate which combined with his high technical ability, vision, touch, awareness etc. etc (a touch of George Best IMHO) makes him special. When he improves his shooting he could be devastating.

Liverpool fans say Tex can shoot better. It looks like he can put more power in his shots on his right foot from an Under 21 video.

Tex fits the role of an attacking midfielder in the Maxi style which was a missing ingredient in the Albion side. Markovitch should keep him out of the Liverpool side. At least by the money Liverpool paid for him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Vision and Tex seems to be ahead. But to be fair Tex only glides past opponents, Kaz motors past them. I hope Naylor gets the descriptions right! Kaz is more two footed as well.
Kaz is fast but will get slower. Tex is class and is likely to get even better. Kaz does have a shot on him, but it needs to go in the direction of the goal more often (preferably the top corner).

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Kaz is fast but will get slower. Tex is class and is likely to get even better. Kaz does have a shot on him, but it needs to go in the direction of the goal more often (preferably the top corner).

Tex is 22. Kaz is 24. Marković is 21 (nearly).

A two footed player like Kaz should play in the middle as he can then both ways. If both a played they should switch during the game.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
A Liverpool-supporting mate of mine told me that they had to chase Tex for a while before they got him. They also paid something like a million for him.
Seems unlikely that they will want to lose him now that he has proved himself.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tex is 22. Kaz is 24. Marković is 21 (nearly).

A two footed player like Kaz should play in the middle as he can then both ways. If both a played they should switch during the game.
If he's two footed he can play out wide - he can go past his man and centre, or he can cut inside. Simples.
He hasn't got the guile to play a number 10 role in the centre; Tex has (in spades).

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If we could convince the player to want to join us & agree a fee with Liverpool to buy him but the fee to buy him was the whole of our transfer budget.
Is he that good that we put all our eggs in 1 basket.I think not.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Unlike Barnes and Ulloa Tex is a genuine PL standard player. There's absolutely no chance whatsoever of Rodgers letting him go permanently.

He's already got the potential to be a massive player for Liverpool. Can't believe we've had him for as long as we have. Enjoy it while it lasts kids.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think we want to keep our feet on the ground here. Tex has done swell recently but not before. We now have a good few games at home against top opposition. Let's see what he does in these games. If he takes us to a few victories fine and yes we might push the boat out.

I have yet to see teams have special measures for Tex. Apparently Leeds kicked him a bit. Let's see what other teams do and whether he can overcome that. If he can .. well he can be a star.

Very early days yet in my view.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we want to keep our feet on the ground here. Tex has done swell recently but not before. We now have a good few games at home against top opposition. Let's see what he does in these games. If he takes us to a few victories fine and yes we might push the boat out.

I have yet to see teams have special measures for Tex. Apparently Leeds kicked him a bit. Let's see what other teams do and whether he can overcome that. If he can .. well he can be a star.

Very early days yet in my view.

Teixeira or Will Hughes? I hope they both play!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unlike Barnes and Ulloa Tex is a genuine PL standard player. There's absolutely no chance whatsoever of Rodgers letting him go permanently.

He's already got the potential to be a massive player for Liverpool. Can't believe we've had him for as long as we have. Enjoy it while it lasts kids.

Ulloa not prem standard? Barnes yes I agree he didn't look it (altho doing surprisingly well) but Ulloa was one of the best strikers in the Champs and his hold up play immense. He's had a good season in a struggling PL team and is clearly up to it...

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If he's two footed he can play out wide - he can go past his man and centre, or he can cut inside. Simples.
He hasn't got the guile to play a number 10 role in the centre; Tex has (in spades).

Kaza will learn.

Come on Kaza! earn your place back!

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ulloa not prem standard? Barnes yes I agree he didn't look it (altho doing surprisingly well) but Ulloa was one of the best strikers in the Champs and his hold up play immense. He's had a good season in a struggling PL team and is clearly up to it...

He got off to a flier because he was an unknown threat when Leicester got off so well. The fact is that, now, the other PL managers have figured him out and his opportunities are much more limited. He was one of the best players I've ever seen at the Albion but those languid mazy runs of his are really tested against PL defences and found wanting.

I really don't want to run him down because he was utter class in the championship but needs to add some more dimensions to his playing style before he can reach the consistent levels needed to prosper in the top flight.

I suppose the test will be what happens when Leicester are inevitably relegated...will another PL team nab him? I think that is unlikely personally but I'll.be delighted if I'm proved wrong.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Article on the Argus website says he wants to stay at Brighton if he can't make it at Liverpool. He likes the stadium, the Training Ground, the City, the Fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here