Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would anyone take 4 points from the Burton + Ipswich games?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We're 3 games into my W10 D4 L6 prediction/hope and we are at W1 D1 L1... so working out averages is too early.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We need to get 6 points in these two games - not just because of these points but how it positions us going into the next games.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I know this is a topsy-turvy league but I would hope for 3 from Burton (in better form of late but still struggling) and ideally 3 from Ipswich, but it depends which Ipswich team turns up as they seem to be the model of inconsistency.

el punal

No.

The odds are we won't win both, and 4 points wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd rather roll the dice and hope for more.

The odds really have nothing to do in this crazy league. I mean even the BBC stated on-line that we'd lost 2-3 today. We are now officially the Lazarus of football clubs. Dead and buried? Pah!

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
For a team wanting top 2 nothing but 6pts against sides below mid table at home

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If you can guarantee me that after the two games our buffer will be no smaller than it is now, then I'd take it.

However, with these fixtures being played out at the same time...

Reading v Barnsley
Leeds v Cardiff
QPR v Huddersfield

Reading v Brentford
Leeds v Bristol City
Rotherham v Huddersfield

...I think at least one of the chasing three will get six points, so I want us to do the same.

I'm not sure all 3 won't get 6 points :(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How can we take 4 points now from games that haven't been played yet, or am I missing something? Was I asleep when time travel was invented?

On a different topic, we have two home games coming up and I would be very disappointed if we did not win them both (as I am when we fail to win any game). What a shortfall would mean in the great scheme of things, though, is impossible to tell.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gotta be 6 points for me I'm afraid.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If we don't get six points from these two games we might as well give up. Next two home games are NEWCASTLE and READING.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Regardless of how other teams do, I'd take 4 points from these two if you could guarantee me 4 points from Newcastle and Reading.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
With our inability to play football away from home at the moment, the target can't be any less than 6. Any less and we need to be looking over our shoulders.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All ifs buts and maybes. Purely because of our spirit shown today I have a feeling we're going to steamroll one of these teams by 3 or 4 goals - just a feeling you may seem a big reaction... And normally I'm so pessimistic!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Gotta be 6 points for me I'm afraid.

6 needed - simple as that

Got to b 6 points

Will be disappointed if we don't get 6.

Only 6pts will suffice and no excuses

Nah, need to be aiming for 6 points

Funny how when all is said and done, football fans of all clubs are essentially the same.

Palace have been exactly the same debate, the only difference being it includes all their home games for the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here