Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no train thread?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Trains were bring cancelled around 4 ish (I think) down to Brighton from Victoria although I get a lift down from Haywards Heath.

Even odd at that time I couldn't even get on a couple of Southern Trains.

So I don't think t was something that just affected the Brighton area.

It would appear they genuinely don't have enough staff ? even to account for an "above average" illness rate.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Trains were bring cancelled around 4 ish (I think) down to Brighton from Victoria although I get a lift down from Haywards Heath.

Even odd at that time I couldn't even get on a couple of Southern Trains.

So I don't think t was something that just affected the Brighton area.

It would appear they genuinely don't have enough staff ? even to account for an "above average" illness rate.

I noticed there some some cancellations on Coastway East late afternoon too. I got the 1726 Hastings-Brighton train and it was rammed by the time it got to Lewes. Plenty of people couldn't get on it. The signs were ominous then.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have we had any information about Villa fans' experiences? They will presumably have had connections to catch to get back to Brum - with a start from Falmer like that, that could have taken all night!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Absolute shambles all round last night!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I'm not sure that the train drivers or guards are allowed to decide which stations they are allowed to stop at?

If this was the case, there would be a number in the vicinity of Croydon that would never have a train service.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

What a ridiculous image to put at the top of the club statement saying that that they want an explanation for the "totally unacceptable" service.

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. Why, then, have a picture of Falmer station, with a train standing at the platform, in daylight, with not that many people (ie no overcrowding) wending their way to the Amex, FFS?

If you're complaining about unacceptable service, you don't show an image of acceptable service, you tw*ts.

Instead, you publish a series of pictures at 10 minute intervals (with the time shown on the photo) of an old, disabled man standing in the freezing cold, looking increasingly fragile, in the dark, amongst an increasingly large and angry crowd. Preferably, the text would say something like: "The club were so concerned about this fan's health, we wondered if he might develop hypothermia. With the winter months upon us, we're now genuinely concerned that a fan might actually end up in hospital, or worse. This disruption has to be sorted and has to be sorted before the next home game. Our fans' health is being compromised and this has to stop."

If you're going to issue a press release, at least put some effort into making it as painful as you can for your intended target. FFS.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BHAFC Response To Southern Failure As 'Transport Partner' v Villa

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3423941.aspx#a3gG2rU0fqkGZo2V.99

Brighton & Hove Albion would like to thank the majority of supporters from the club, and our visitors Aston Villa, for their patience when travelling home by train from last night's match.

With a capacity crowd at the Amex, Southern Rail made several late and unannounced cancellations just prior to the end of last night's match creating chaos for those using the train to get home.

Albion chief executive Paul Barber said, "We would like to thank our fans, but also the supporters of Aston Villa, for their patience and understanding in frustrating circumstances.

"I would also like to thank our operations team for their hard work in very testing circumstances, and Brighton & Hove Buses for their assistance.

"It's totally unacceptable from Southern Rail to leave passengers stranded in this way and we will be demanding a full explanation from them as to why they so badly let down supporters of both clubs."

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It was obvious by 2pm yesterday that SASTA wouldn't be running a timetabled service but they failed to contact the club etc and that is what Barber should be pressing them on.

Did you or anyone else ITK start a thread warning FELLOW FANS about this?
Apologies if I missed it yesterday afternoon as I worked late and didn't have time to check all of NSC.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think that's unfair. [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1332]Deadly Danson[/MENTION] already share with us lot on here a pretty candid insight into what is going on behind the scenes, including the posting of some internal documents. By posting them on here, it allows anyone to bring these to the club's attention as appropriate. I don't think it's right that anyone be asked to go any further than that and risk their livelihoods.

Does Ernest work for Southern?
I was under the impression he was a retired OAP .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My apologies for not posting about the impending meltdown. I could see something was up at 16:00 at Clapham Junction. Trains being cancelled to Brighton because a temporary shortage of rail crew.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Given I have paid an "inclusive transport levy" as part of my ticket price, is there a mechanism by which that can be reclaimed from Southern like Delay Repay?

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I hardly ever post but some of the crap being posted about this is staggering. I commute to London on Southern every day & its abysmal. This happens every day not just on football days. Since the dispute started the number of times trains are cancelled or delayed due to "a member of train crew being unavailable" is beyond belief. As well as the official strike action (wasn't it nice of them to strike on a Saturday as it was Lewes bonfire. Talk about vindictive) there is unofficial action where the Guards are taking unusually high levels of sick days to cause further disruption. There were nowhere near as many trains cancelled or delayed due to "a member of train crew being unavailable" before the dispute so its a clear tactic to heap further misery on the customer (£5234 a year for me). It needs sorting ASAP. I don't give a shit who presses the button on the train. Just get it sorted.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
When challenged you can't answer a simple question, how was I supposed to know there was going to be delays and cancellations?

And nor did he ... but it's easy to claim after the fact ITK stuff. Thereafter follows the normal childish name calling and efforts to ridicule

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here