Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing turns RED

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You are truly deluded if you think public services will improve under Labour.

Can’t be any worse so might as well give it a go. How on earth was that ‘investment’ in tarmac and squiggly lines at Montague Place signed off ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Dear Labour administration,

Frightfully sorry about the state of the very few public services we have left you with!

Yours sincerely,

Worthing Conservative Council
PS We've already spent all the money.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
The other day, working from home, I heard something come through the letter box. It was a card from the Tory candidate saying he called and was sorry to have missed me. A blatant untruth, reflecting the national party’s fluid relationship with veracity.

I’m delighted Worthing will have a Labour council for the first time ever. Never thought it would ever happen when I moved here 18 years ago. The change in demographics of the town is a big factor here.

Let’s hope the waste of space MP is ousted in the next GE.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The other day, working from home, I heard something come through the letter box. It was a card from the Tory candidate saying he called and was sorry to have missed me. A blatant untruth, reflecting the national party’s fluid relationship with veracity.

I’m delighted Worthing will have a Labour council for the first time ever. Never thought it would ever happen when I moved here 18 years ago. The change in demographics of the town is a big factor here.

Waste of space MPs. We have 2.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

But who will you complain about when the bin men (people?) are on strike, the town looks a mess, weeds are growing on the pavements? And ultimately Council Tax will go up. I suppose the Tories will get the blame for it for years to come.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
But who will you complain about when the bin men (people?) are on strike, the town looks a mess, weeds are growing on the pavements? And ultimately Council Tax will go up. I suppose the Tories will get the blame for it for years to come.
More than likely, people are still blaming Blair and brown for 12 years of tory cuts.....

Yoda

English & European

That was more than what I had from them. :eek:

You don't make the effort, you don't get my vote. Simple.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Have to say when in Brighton last week I was shocked at the state of the pavements and especially the grass areas around the Pavilion. I expect to see signs like the ones at the university "Wild garden area" which translates to we don't bother keeping it looking nice. Of course there's the right place for such things but the place looks a tip

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Have to say when in Brighton last week I was shocked at the state of the pavements and especially the grass areas around the Pavilion. I expect to see signs like the ones at the university "Wild garden area" which translates to we don't bother keeping it looking nice. Of course there's the right place for such things but the place looks a tip

Spot on. I don’t care who is in control of the council but they have a responsibility to the residents/CT payers not to let the town look like an overgrown, uncared for tip. Some of the roots of the weeds are so big that they are causing permanent damage to the pavements.

First impression for visitors must be that the town is filthy

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Probably instigated by Bottomley to highlight the influx of gay lefties and drum up some proper blue blooded votes.

Cynical, moi?

It is nice to see Worthing slowly dragged out of the 1950's though

I think East Worthing/ Shoreham seat will turn red at next election, West Worthing might just hang on to Tories

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
More than likely, people are still blaming Blair and brown for 12 years of tory cuts.....

Absolutely not that argument was pure Tory spin, the world recession was a direct result of the lack of world wide banking regulation and the USA sub prime markets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here