Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worthing Football Watching Pub

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I want to take my old man out to watch the match tomorrow. He lives in Worthing but I'm not up to speed on Worthings hostelry charms.

Anyone know a decent, kid friendly pub, that won't be rammed where I can watch the match?

Thanks in advance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
With Easter difficult to call where won’t be to busy.

The Broadwater is fairly large with lots of screens but does get busy for Brighton games.

Thieves Kitchen or The Warwick (can’t remember new name) both have Sky but also usually get pretty busy.

Valley Bar in Findon possibly but quite small ?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
With Easter difficult to call where won’t be to busy.

The Broadwater is fairly large with lots of screens but does get busy for Brighton games.

Thieves Kitchen or The Warwick (can’t remember new name) both have Sky but also usually get pretty busy.

Valley Bar in Findon possibly but quite small ?
Cheers dude. I'm clueless about worthing so these are all good starting points to Google.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cheers dude. I'm clueless about worthing so these are all good starting points to Google.
Rose & Crown could be an option, not the nicest pub but it’s big and tvs spread around. Only risk is they do a lot of live music in the afternoons at weekends

Good luck !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As others have mentioned, Thieves Kitchen is ok. Kid-friendly, routine scran, plenty of tellies around. Ticks the boxes (its a Greene King, so you generally know what you're getting).

Last time I went in the Warwick it was an absolute khazi. I'd avoid that one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was the William Hill manager in Montague Street (opp the Montague pub) in 1990.

Have none of the mentioned pubs changed their names in that time? 🤣

Is the Jack Horner still there?
It’s The Corner House now - nice pub and decent food

Thieves Kitchen did change to Vintners Corner for a long time and only just changed back after Covid

Jul 7, 2003
It’s The Corner House now - nice pub and decent food

Thieves Kitchen did change to Vintners Corner for a long time and only just changed back after Covid
The Vintners Parrot, not corner.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Smugglers invEastcaworthingvis good for football. Certainly not a Brighton pub though.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I want to take my old man out to watch the match tomorrow. He lives in Worthing but I'm not up to speed on Worthings hostelry charms.

Anyone know a decent, kid friendly pub, that won't be rammed where I can watch the match?

Thanks in advance.

The Broadwater

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Thi
As others have mentioned, Thieves Kitchen is ok. Kid-friendly, routine scran, plenty of tellies around. Ticks the boxes (its a Greene King, so you generally know what you're getting).

Last time I went in the Warwick it was an absolute khazi. I'd avoid that one.
Thieves was a great shout. Thanks all.🙏

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I was the William Hill manager in Montague Street (opp the Montague pub) in 1990.

Have none of the mentioned pubs changed their names in that time? 🤣

Is the Jack Horner still there?
The Jack Horner is now The Corner House. Not been in. Used to pile 10ps on the pool table to reserve games and listen to Shine On/House of Love and Kingston Town on the juke box.

In a garden in the House of love...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here