Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst violence away from home ?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
First trip up was 75/76 on special train brighton hooked up with bolton that day,the following season was the international day when lots of man u,man city scarves were in the crowd and the 30 on the mid sussex coach(inlcuding 10 bosun)walked straight into the home end and settled at the back of the stand:facepalm:

remember that one so well mate, with police encircling us and occasionally letting a man utd fan get through, just so as he got a kicking!!

Joe Nobody

Dec 27, 2008
Hove
Spurs 78 was interesting. Back then the rampaging was generally done by teens and early 20's. The police penned a load of young spurs wearing flight jackets and DM's in the East corner of the North Stand. In between them and Brighton were the real loons. Older Spurs blokes in their mid-twenties who stood there blending in until a goal was scored and then it all got very excitable. No doubt there are still some badly behaved 60 year olds about at The Lane.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kingstonian was pretty mental

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Worst violence away from home - an 'eve teaser' groped my wife in the street in Old Delhi, he though he could disappear into the busy bazaar. We gave chase and he fell over a rickshaw. Picked him up and pinned his arms down and invited the wife to exact her revenge. She slapped and punched him several times drawing blood whilst screaming PERVERT! Eventually one of the 40 or so locals who had gathered to watch suggested we should probably stop now, so we threw him to the ground and the rest of the crowd set on him like hyenas - nasty lynching ensued. He got away bloodied and soiled, he won't try to grab a girls tits/arse in the street ever again.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Palace was always a laugh...Chesterfield...last match of the season. We needed a win to be promoted as champions...we drew...Brighton fans started getting onto the pitch, and i think the ob thought we were off to congratulate the players....they figured it out when we got past the halfway line, but by then it was too late.

This sounds identical to Oldham away last away game of the season 77/78 .I remember the Bosun with a banner which read 'Never Mind The Bollocks ,Here's The Bosun'
Pitch invasion straight down to the Oldham end .

Peterboro cup game '86, biggest mob of Brighton I have ever seen.

Jan 30, 2008
Oldham in the cup, The Mess House ???
glad i missed that one, got asked after the game if interested in going back into town for a beer had to turn it down because of train connections back home, some one got put through the window after Oldham turned up mob handed at said pub, nasty by all accounts :nono:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
This sounds identical to Oldham away last away game of the season 77/78 .I remember the Bosun with a banner which read 'Never Mind The Bollocks ,Here's The Bosun'
Pitch invasion straight down to the Oldham end .

Peterboro cup game '86, biggest mob of Brighton I have ever seen.
i thought Oldham came onto the pitch first ???
regards
DR

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
i thought Oldham came onto the pitch first ???
regards
DR

Yep , you're right they did .

Also that Oldham cup game kicked off in the car park after the game ,and if that wasn't enough we stopped off in Loughborough and it kicked off there .First in a club and then escalated in the streets when the word got out and locals started emptying out of the pubs to get at us. Seem to remember legging it back to the coach and an airial exchange of plant pots, flying in both directions, which had been lifted from a town square war memorial.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
What ? When all those L,ton boys and others got slapped by thevGrimsby fans. I must admit I do laugh at all those weedy so called football firms.

Not too many getting " slapped by the Grimsby fans" more the other way round. Good weekend with the weedy so called football firm or " Brighton fans"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here