Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst typo / spelling mistake you've ever made or seen?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
6789015549_3ccc480199_b.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sign I spotted on the door of the sauna at Withdean gym one morning last Autumn: "SAUNA WILL BE CLOSED FOR ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE ON WEDNESDAY 14TH OCTOBER FROM 6AM TO 1PM. APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONTINENCE CAUSED"

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I was involved with the Islington Canal Festival one year and received an email titled 'Islington anal Festival'.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Not a typo but I have twice been included in email trails as a horrified observer where somebody has been comprehensively slagged off in an email (the first a customer and the second a business partner) and the person has been copied in to the email trail later on, with all the history clearly visible. I had the honour of pointing this out to the perpetrator on both occasions. Interestingly (to me), the first one, who has insulted the customer, wasn't at all bothered but the second one put his head in his hands in despair.

el punal

Many years ago I had to arrange promotion tastings in a number of supermarkets, mainly in the Midlands and 'oop North. Part of this process was to phone the relevant supermarket to agree dates and times, and then to confirm in writing. So far, so good. However, one particular supermarket was in deepest, darkest Dudley. When I phoned I spoke to someone with the strongest Black Country accent imaginable. Three times I asked for the name of the manager to ensure that I'd heard correctly. Assuming that I had, I sent off the confirmation letter to Mrs. Manly-Cock.

A few days later, and to my horror, I was informed that her name was in fact Mandy Cook. :eek:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Can we include misuse of English in this thread?
I've just had to mark an essay by a foreign student about construction projects. I'm still working out how to tell him that you have to be very careful how you use the word erection.

My brother is a TEFL teacher in Italy. The word for 'heard' in Italian is 'sentito'. It is also the word for 'felt'.

Teaching a group of teenagers after the summer holidays, he asked them to tell the class, in English, what they had been up to. One girl stood up and said "I stayed on a farm. It was very peaceful. Every morning I woke up and felt the farmer's cock."

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
This text went out from a primary school that was doing the rounds this past Easter:
tweet.jpg

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Private Eye had a great one once from, I think, the (Daily) Mirror. It was a review of a wartime drama with Lofty from EastEnders as a soldier who "comes to learn that love isn't just a passing fanny."

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'm a teacher so I see hilarious spelling errors most days. I've seen count spelled c u n t before.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm a teacher so I see hilarious spelling errors most days. I've seen count spelled c u n t before.

I sent an email to my staff asking them to keep an eye on the 'incident c**t' (number of failures) and I got a number of responses either telling me my mistake or asking who he was....

el punal

Not really a typo or mistake, but I thought this might give you a chuckle :

Down here in Southampton there used to be a Brannigans Bar (now closed). On one particular night a massive fight took place in the bar and resulted in police arresting and charging the offenders. When the case came to court it was reported on by the local rag - the Echo.

Part of the report concerned a witness describing his version of events which went : "As I left the toilet I got hit by a flying stool."

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I had one the other day that really shook me up, I messaged a friend asking if his birthday party was going ahead this time after a previous cancellation and he replied "really sorry got cancer again due to work and money"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here