Worst TV "comedy" ever - the poll!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst TV comedy ever

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Terry Scott's Austin Princess, although a shit motor, makes Terry & June better than some of the other crap in that poll.

Compared to most on that list, Terry & June was sheer CLASS!

Dated now obviously, but I still have a chuckle at some of Terry's antics. Tastes have changed in the forty years or so since the series was made, but in it's day it was very popular.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Very subjective list!

Where are Hi De Hi and It Ain't Half Hot, Mum? Both awful.

But the biggest omisison is BREAD

Surely the worst sit com of all time. Unconvincing characters and utterly unfunny.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Very subjective list!

Where are Hi De Hi and It Ain't Half Hot, Mum? Both awful.

But the biggest omisison is BREAD

Surely the worst sit com of all time. Unconvincing characters and utterly unfunny.

I refer you to my previous reply.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unfair to give us just the one vote, there's at least 3 there I would happily vote for. However, for me it has to be that weird, cringeworthy freak Miranda.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Again I think that, the Jasper Carrott effort and Chef with Lenny Henry are far worse than any of the ones on the list above.

*Edit* - And Oh Dr Beeching.....

Thank you, I was beginning to think that I was the only one who had suffered from a viewing of Oh, Doctor Beeching. Or everyone had just managed to supress their memories to prevent their brain from suffering the inevitable implosion and collapse.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Thank you, I was beginning to think that I was the only one who had suffered from a viewing of Oh, Doctor Beeching. Or everyone had just managed to supress their memories to prevent their brain from suffering the inevitable implosion and collapse.

Yes, this was execrable. Perhaps a (dis)honourable mention, alongside Bread and Duty Free. Wasn't there another one, You Rang Milord? Complete arse biscuits.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
How on earth does Last of the Summer Wine get on this list?

The first few series were really funny, although granted it did go downhill after Brian Wilde left, it is still light years better than every other sitcom on that list!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
How on earth does Last of the Summer Wine get on this list?

The first few series were really funny, although granted it did go downhill after Brian Wilde left, it is still light years better than every other sitcom on that list!

I already posted why.

Anyway I have to say I am a little surprised to see that Browns Boys is so far the runaway loser.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Opted for Mrs Browns Boys, but it was a close-run thing between that and Miranda.

I'm delighted that others think Miranda is shite; for a long time, I feared that I was the only person in Britain who did not find her moronic gurning and falling over (like an amateur third-rate Norman Wisdom) remotely funny.

Ditto Lee Evans!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Yes, this was execrable. Perhaps a (dis)honourable mention, alongside Bread and Duty Free. Wasn't there another one, You Rang Milord? Complete arse biscuits.
Oh, I forgot about Bread, truly terrible. Still better than 'The Wright Way' though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports