Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst state you've been in due to substance abuse

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
More like don't touch drugs at all.
Not sure about the grown ups you know but I have had the most happy, un dull live imaginable, but never needed to take any drugs or substances to achieve same.
Probably why I never feel any sympathy for drug addicts or those that wish to take life and death risks with drugs.

However, each to their own.

I never said you were dull you ice cream that was another poster. Nor was I asking for sympathy. Nor am am I an addict

Who are you arguing with?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Salvia Divanorum is a nightmare if anyone has ever tried it?

Do not recommend. :lolol:

EDIT: It's legal btw, the guy in the video is not breaking the law ftr.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I took meow once. All I remember is taking my shirt off, running out into the street in the pissing rain in tears and calling my dad at about 4am to scream at him WHY DID YOU NEVER LOVE ME

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
i was a right mess once, my barber was off his head on something, i had to go down the road and have a skin head. then i bought a moped so that i could wear a crash hat for 6 weeks.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Ketamine is typically a club drug. I think the idea is to have a tiny amount to make them feel a bit fluffy - but if someone takes too much it becomes a heavy dissociative, where people can literally forget who they are, where they are or even what they are. I'm sure there are some people that would like to experience that for various reasons. "Outer body experience" perhaps.
My lads told me of a mate of theirs who was always taking ket. They once found him in on the floor covered in his own shit....doesn't sound too glamorous to me!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
This reminds me of a bunch of youths talking in the pub. Each one trying to out macho his mates.

The topic could be
1. Birds I've laid
2. Blokes I've beaten up
3. Fastest I've driven my car
4. How much drink I had before throwing up.
5. Drugs I've taken.

As I said - grow up.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was in The Hobgoblin one Friday night, off my tits on Stella, and looked out of the window onto London Road, to see loads of riot police tooing-and-froing with a load of crusty, string-dogger types, and to cap it all, Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd then started to blast out of the jukebox :rolleyes:

I've never done pharms, as my grip on this reality is tenuous at the best of times, let alone some other, distorted effort :lolol:

Just say NO!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My lads told me of a mate of theirs who was always taking ket. They once found him in on the floor covered in his own shit....doesn't sound too glamorous to me!

Ketamine is one to avoid for what it does to your bladder walls...permanently. Not very nice at all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have had the most happy, un dull live imaginable, but never needed to take any drugs or substances to achieve same.

But drugs which achieve the same would be shit and pointless. The general idea is to take drugs to take you somewhere further beyond. I'm not doubting you're a happy man but just imagine how happy you could really be with the right substance??

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
1st when i was 17 ,Magic Mushroom wine and a Microdot (remember those ? LSD basically)) off my trolley and lost 4 days completely.
2nd When i was at Uni in East London, decided to walk home to Crowborough ????? Ended up waking up on Lewes train station platform and having to jump a fence.
No idea how i got there or anything.
Both of these very very scary. :wozza:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
the mushrooms and A&E bit i can relate to around 1994

Same time. We may have shared a ward! Great times but would never repeat them, my 38 yr old carcass wouldn't be able to take it!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So this is something to boast about. Grow up.

Can't speak for others but the point is I have grown up since then. Why not be a bit proud of your youth? Have no regrets but wouldn't live like that again.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Nightmare you say, I presume there are benefits somewhere or why bother?

Ket's a wierd one, it's something that can end really differently depending on how and where you do it. Like mustafa says if you just do tiny bits it makes you a bit wobbly and everything look a bit wierd, or you can do a bit more and aim for an out of body/different reality type thing.

The more you increase the amount the more trippy/detached from reality it gets until eventually you just get paralysed and stuck in your own mind like the OP did - remember that it's just an anaesthetic. It's also the only mind bender I've ever done to make me forget I'm a human, it's a very odd feeling once you realise what you are!
I've only known one person to ever piss themselves because of it, the trick is not to do more than you can handle - a bit like alcohol.

To me it's the rollercoaster/scary film/bungee jump of the drug world - it sounds horrible if you describe it but when you're in there you can experience the impossible, kind of like a dream in a parallel dimension that you can feel, see, touch and taste. The problem is that you forget things really quickly, including how much you've done and that's usually how people go wrong. You just have to be aware of the dangers and look after each other and definitely don't let your mate phone anyone or go out in public!
I've also found you can use it to stay up in the day if you've been clubbing all night and sleeping in the day isn't a priority, it seems to reset your body clock.

I'd never actually recommend anyone to do it as it is a bit stupid.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
This reminds me of a bunch of youths talking in the pub. Each one trying to out macho his mates.

The topic could be
1. Birds I've laid
2. Blokes I've beaten up
3. Fastest I've driven my car
4. How much drink I had before throwing up.
5. Drugs I've taken.

As I said - grow up.

Leave the room then. And grow up yourself, people are all entitled to find different things funny.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
A good friend took a few too many mushrooms at a house party. He started screaming and lashing out at everyone and everything. Punching walls and trying to hit and kick people.

So we shut him in the shed to try and calm him down or at least stop him attacking people.

The next thing we know he's smashing down the shed from the inside with an axe!

It wasn't long before the police arrived.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nobody needs to take drugs, but nobody needs to do anything apart from eat, sleep and shit.

Use of psychoactive substances has existed in every culture known in history. It is very much human nature. But I'm sure even in the cultures where it was most prevalent there were people like yourself who never felt the need.

A majority of illegal drugs are absolutely harmless if taken responsibly. The problem is the law, not the people. There are some drugs that are highly addictive, but you should feel sympathy for the victims of those. They didn't wake up one day and choose to become a drug addict, they are just victims of a broken society, nonsensical laws and a lack of honesty about the subject of drugs.

That sounds like a case of blame shifting to me. A person has a choice to take drugs or not to take drugs. They cannot blame the law or broken society for their choices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here