Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Worst song ever by a respected artist/band

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
This one is controversial but I'm going on 'respected' as in established and high-selling.

Robbie Williams. Dominated the early-mid 2000's with HIT after HIT. His success can't be doubted, no matter what you think of him.

And then he released Rudebox

Success and respect don’t always go hand in hand. Williams has brought nothing of value to the table (quite the opposite), and despite his success, gets no respect from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Got to be The Beatles with Ob-la-di Ob-la-da, hasn't it?

I think it was Eamon Andrews who introduced the Beatles on his show, reading off a cue card, and pronounced it 'Oh bloody Oh bladder'.

The Beatles wrote it, but only ever put it on The Album. It was Marmalade who had the number one hit with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Happy Talk - Captain Sensible

What was that all about?

Probably been mentioned but Happy Talk by Captain Sensible.

Happy Talk is from South Pacific written by Rogers and Hammerstein, and was sung by Bloody Mary (Vietnamese woman) to the American GI. The film was about racism. The little girl did the hand movements to it.
Why Captain Sensible thought it was apprpriate for him to record it is anyone's guess.

Frank Sinatra........Whoops there goes another rubber tree plant

Do you mean High Hopes?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I haven't a clue. I used this lyric to combat our builder who was rubbishing "young peoples music" circa 1970! It is memorable unfortunately, I must have heard it on mum's radio... I take no blame.

It was from a film in 1959.

If you want to quote a really daft song from the 40s, try Mairzy Doats and Dozy Doats by Bing Crosby and Bob Hope.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What was Bjork thinking about with 'Oh so quiet'?

Eh? That track is brilliant. I'm a huge Bjork fan but will happily concede that she's done a lot of stuff that she believes is far out and experimental whereas I think with some of those that she simply disappeared up her own backside....but Oh So Quiet? No way, that is her at her very best.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here is another one to add to the shite pile. An otherwise blameless band, who did perhaps spend a little too much time staring at blind men on hills, sully themselves (not Peter O'Sullivan - don't be silly now) with this very strange homage to Mary Whitehouse. Run out of ideas, lads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHIdzl5zyws

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Eh? That track is brilliant. I'm a huge Bjork fan but will happily concede that she's done a lot of stuff that she believes is far out and experimental whereas I think with some of those that she simply disappeared up her own backside....but Oh So Quiet? No way, that is her at her very best.

See two posts above. Shall we have a baby together?

Too soon?

:lolol:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
With the exception of Under Pressure, Queen's Hot Space entire album is garbage.

Well almost - I still quite like 'Put out the Fire' and 'Las Palabros de Amor' is amongst my rather long list of Queen favourites.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Talking of cod reggae ...

Dreadlock Holiday is a shocker. 10cc did some decent pop songs but what were they thinking of?

On that basis the whole UB40 catalogue should be included.

However I've never liked their stuff and never respected them

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
On that basis the whole UB40 catalogue should be included.

However I've never liked their stuff and never respected them

Their first two albums are very very good IMO. I'm not sure either, that they can be accused of cod reggae when half the band are black and they were genuinely immersed in reggae music when growing up. Earth Dies Screaming, One In Ten, Madam Medusa are all top tunes.

I'll gladly stick everything they did from I've Got You Babe onwards in Room 101 though.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I win.

1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here