FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Carrying on in the Beatles vein, Frog Song by Macca?

The trouble with Macca is that although his is (was) bigger than Buster Gonad's unfasibly big testicles, he was a nailed bore with zero taste from day 1. OK he could write a chune, but it was all schmaltz and sugary arse-splatter. He needed the cynical grit of the Lennon to be a participant in anything worth a light. So you can take your pick of his ouvre, as far as I am concerned.

With an advanced health warning to our @Alfredmizen (and before you even look at the title, Alf, calm down, dear, already, context and all that...), I will throw this bone of sanctimonious shite to the dogs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaO4XeHhwo8

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Chris Rea - Driving home for Christmas

Awful Awful AWFUL

Unfortunately, in days gone by, for the usuals reaons, this and its ilk would have had me instantly blubbing.

So, yes, BURN it :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes. This whole album was utterly diabolical. Geriatric old poseur hob knobs it with has-been metallistas, in inappropriate thrall to one anothers faded majesty, neither with sufficient insight or the sense to admit to the bleeding obvious (that, yes, "it is me, and it is you - we are both shit, and this project stinks to high Heaven").

(And yes, I am a frustrated wannabe columnist for the NME, circa 1977 :lolol:)

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Body Language by Queen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I love UFO. 'Phenomenon' is a rock classic.

However their first album is a clunky dirgy load of old bollocks. I recommend the third track here. If music be the food of love, this is a cold helping of last week's Frey Bentos steak and kidney pie, with a congealed lump of ketchup. And yes, it is Daddy's sauce.

note added later: and what about the album cover? Those are badly carved potatoes aren't they? UFOs, my arse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZVTSSxW9po

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yes. This whole album was utterly diabolical. Geriatric old poseur hob knobs it with has-been metallistas, in inappropriate thrall to one anothers faded majesty, neither with sufficient insight or the sense to admit to the bleeding obvious (that, yes, "it is me, and it is you - we are both shit, and this project stinks to high Heaven").

(And yes, I am a frustrated wannabe columnist for the NME, circa 1977 [emoji38]ol:)
James Hetfield shouting 'I am the table' repeatedly was pretty funny though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
NSC fully lives up to expectations - some very strange definitions of 'worst songs' and some positively weird definitions of 'respected' in terms of artists/bands! Wonderful stuff!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never heard this before, but yes, it is sh*t!

(And yes, I am a frustrated wannabe columnist for the NME, circa 1977 :lolol:)
Quite! :lolol:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Totally agree with the 'Frog Chorus' and 'Yellow Submarine' . I think the 'Laughing Gnome' wins some points for a rare musical reference to Eastbourne.

I coud offer:
- 'Sloop John B': The Beach Boys from an otherwise sublime record
- 'Portsmouth' - Mike Oldfield; to think that those poor credit risks from Fratton used to run out to it.
- 'I Just Called to Say I Love You' - Stevie Wonder; how could this wedding dance dirge come from the same person that recorded 'Living in the City'?
- 'Rock Around the Bunker' - Serge Gainsbourg; shows what Pastis can do to your sense of judgement.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
NSC fully lives up to expectations - some very strange definitions of 'worst songs' and some positively weird definitions of 'respected' in terms of artists/bands! Wonderful stuff!

Yeah. Who the flipping heck let Robbie (lyrical ability of a 3 yr old) Williams on to this thread??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here