Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WORST song by The Smiths

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ah, trick question.
Oh, Morrissey, if only everyone could be as clever as us and get the irony. Us Poets Corner people wake in the morning and the first thing we all say to each other is "Do we all still love the Smiths". We love the racist, fascist nutty singer so much that Shirley there cannot be a bad song.

Rant over. Deep breaths and count to 10.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Too many to choose from, easier to choose the least worse.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Golden Lights, but honorable mentions to Death At One's Elbow, Death of a Disco Dancer and Meat Is Murder (and I AM a vegetarian, maybe not a sanctimonious one though).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I find it genuinely perplexing when people say they don't like The Smiths.

But yes, several people have nailed it. GL.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Golden Lights, but honorable mentions to Death At One's Elbow, Death of a Disco Dancer and Meat Is Murder (and I AM a vegetarian, maybe not a sanctimonious one though).

Actually don't mind Death of a Disco Dancer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Golden Lights doesn't even sound like The Smiths. Has to be the winner.

It really is WANKY isn't it? Self indulgent and wanky. The very things that we spent our youth arguing that the band were NOT, when the non-believers knocked them. JM for one MUST have hated it, surely?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It really is WANKY isn't it? Self indulgent and wanky. The very things that we spent our youth arguing that the band were NOT, when the non-believers knocked them. JM for one MUST have hated it, surely?

You would like to think so. To their credit though it is the only truly bad song I can think of.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I find it genuinely perplexing when people say they don't like The Smiths.

But yes, several people have nailed it. GL.

I lived all through their time, but they never once came anywhere near my radar - in fact I'm not sure I'd even heard of them until quite recently.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm not saying it's all crap, but would you put up with a mate who was that whiny ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here