Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst player, in context, to debase the stripes

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Another vote for Graeme "rabbit caught in the headlights" Smith

Not sure he ever moved from his position on the goal line and in the centre of the goal when he played for us.(other that to pick the ball out of the back of the net multiple times a game)

I think his trademark style whilst here was to try to make himself appear as small as possible, whilst looking absolutely petrified of being hit by the ball

Here's an example of just how hopeless he was at positioning
"goalkeeper Graeme Smith makes 89 mile journey to wrong stadium... before realising it was a home tie"
https://www.skysports.com/football/...ts-news-hq-about-arriving-at-the-wrong-ground
And that wasn't the only time he did that

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Locadia was awful but he did kick start our miraculous comeback against Millwall to earn that glorious day under the arch. That's not worth the ludicrous money we spent on him though. I'll give it to him for value.

For effort, for me, it's Leon Best. Takes a lot to get booed off by your own supporters, despite it being a god damn awful season, squad etc.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
£100k for my boy Federico Turienzo was a massive sum for us at the time and anyone that saw him play on trial against Lewes would have been stunned that we went on to sign him

6 games and on the losing team each time. Completely overwhelmed by the physicality of English football

I distinctly remember being very worried about Turienzo when I was listening to BBC Southern Counties radio. They had an expert on (a sort of Tim Vickery type) who was like (paraphrased);

“Yes… well.. this is a bit of a strange one. His agent has been offering him all over Europe for a few years now with no takers and he hasn’t really set his own level alight. The six figure fee quoted… I would hope very much that’s closer to £100k than £999k. I’ve seen the player a few times and am surprised by this transfer”.

This was before he had played a game and I knew at that time he was going to flop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here