Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Worst Delivery Company

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Am I the only person who doesn't notice which company has delivered their package?

It looks like I am the only one. You lot obviously have a very keen interest in delivery vans - I guess that you were all train spotters in your younger days and this is the new equivalent :lolol:

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Our local DHL driver hates me I swear. I had an order of 120Kilos of charcoal turning up. Turned up in 5 boxes each 24 kilos. It was a baking hot day and as i saw him drive towards our house I got the wife to answer the door and ask him nicely if he wouldn't mind just loading them straight in the garage for her. He did and was grateful for a cold can of coke. I did get the evils when about 5 minutes later when he had made a few more deliveries and turned around driving back out the close to see me standing there looking smug with myself

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
my father in law used to work for Yodel and it sounded like a nightmare company to work for

shit pay unless you work outrageously long hours, would often give out his personal number to customers and generally treated like dirt

he was pretty diligent but you can vaguely understand why a lot of drivers develop a cba attitude

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
From the other side, as I deliver for DHL. When your parcel is out for delivery you should get a text or email giving you 4 options if you aren't going to be at home.
- Change delivery date
- leave parcel in safe location
- collect from local parcel shop
- collect from DHL depot
Still, at least 30% of deliveries I have to peoples houses they are not at home and haven't selected any of those options. Why not, hardly difficult ? Or they just expect us to traipse round all their neighbours to find someone willing to take their parcels. Yes we could reattempt the next day but we only get paid on a successful delivery, so why would we want to waste diesel, that we have to pay for ourselves, especially with the price of it these days.

Also, what is the point of people having these Ring doorbell things and never answering them ? I reckon at most, they get answered for me 25% of the time.

Back to the question, would have to be XPD as someone else mentioned. Delivered a bed for me in 5 boxes to the wrong address, dumped on a doorstep, with a photo of the drivers cab, and forged my signature(criminal offence). Couldn't even get hold of anyone at the depot to complain, and the sender didn't care as I had 'Received' my delivery !!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
6D4C8EF4-08EB-4184-95E3-8F4E5C9ABB72.jpeg

B6975784-FDB5-467E-93CB-59A1F33B6DA6.jpeg

B1658F83-0C2A-4CEC-B4AF-CA63D429D0D1.jpeg

E2F3700F-433E-4C9A-A0DB-05C1C2B46922.jpeg

I still haven’t got over this absolute farce with Yodel.

Your parcel was posted through the letterbox, no way it was given to a man in a van outside yours, no wait it was actually just a man standing outside your house and also we’ve already told you everything so we can’t help any more.

The conversation ended up lasting two months and I never got an answer or a refund from the seller (because Yodel never admitted it wasn’t delivered). Every message being from somebody different really rubbed salt in the wounds too

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It looks like I am the only one. You lot obviously have a very keen interest in delivery vans - I guess that you were all train spotters in your younger days and this is the new equivalent :lolol:

I think, as you mockingly imply, that it's a personality trait - I track every online order I make, no matter how dull! It does help me prepare properly. Up to a few months 'Big Kev' was our DPD guy and he was reliable as anything, although he did sometimes ring and ask if he could leave it at the petrol station and you did have to unload the van with him if it was heavy (hence BIG Kev). Since Big Kev fell our with DPD and move on it's pot luck, if you get a 4:30-5:30 slot, you KNOW that your going to get a photo of some village and that they 'weren't able to deliver' as numbnuts the driver buggers off back to Abergele. Yodel and Hermes/Evri, Yodel and Royal Mail all really good but then you get to know the drivers personally so it probably helps.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hermes are horrifically bad in my experience……..

DPD seem ok here but wonder if that’s due to having the massive new depot in Burgess Hill

Agreed Hermes are utterly awful. Mrs WS used to order a lot of stuff from Karen Millen - before it was owned by the shysters BooHoo. Once she ordered over £300 worth of goods and they never turned up. She complained and KM sent a photo from Hermes showing the package .... placed on a different doorstep. Hermes then accused her of stealing the goods and sent round an investigator. I told him to eff off.

Don't even get me started on when they threw over our 6ft back gate a box of glasses that were clearly marked as glass and fragile !

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can't remember the firm, from Modena, but I had a carefuly packed pallet ( race engine and gearbox) collected by an Italian Driver, the rest of his artic was full of Maseratis. He also delivered me a chilled 10kg box of organic parmesan. I'd recommend them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They're really not, they're damned if they don't deliver. If they do, I'm a happy bunny!

I wish I lived in your world. The British public love to moan about service, unreasonably, and hold delivery companies responsible for all manner of things following delivery. So, they are damned either way. Same as restaurants, pubs etc get customer complaints because of the weather.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hope Stuart Broad doesn't start a delivery company.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A word about Hermes/Evri. In a thread last week I mentioned a parcel that had gone missing. I spent 15 minutes talking to a computer trying to give it the ref number. Finally got to talk to a human who could see my parcel was indeed 'stuck' somewhere. It was found within hours and delivered that day with a 'left in shed' signature. Waiting to hear from customer if they do have a shed or not.
Given Evri handle around 2 million parcels a day something may get lost or stolen, fact of life. To pay £2.50 to get a box from south east to Scotland in a couple of days is decent value.
I receive many pallets and last year a guy turned up with a pallet but no tail lift. He explained he had a spare empty pallet and started to unload by hand from the van to the pavement.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think, as you mockingly imply, that it's a personality trait - I track every online order I make, no matter how dull! It does help me prepare properly. Up to a few months 'Big Kev' was our DPD guy and he was reliable as anything, although he did sometimes ring and ask if he could leave it at the petrol station and you did have to unload the van with him if it was heavy (hence BIG Kev). Since Big Kev fell our with DPD and move on it's pot luck, if you get a 4:30-5:30 slot, you KNOW that your going to get a photo of some village and that they 'weren't able to deliver' as numbnuts the driver buggers off back to Abergele. Yodel and Hermes/Evri, Yodel and Royal Mail all really good but then you get to know the drivers personally so it probably helps.

The trainspotters remark was very tongue-in-cheek but, as you imply there's a tendency to be a bit obsessive,. I live in Brighton and it's impossible for a delivery driver to get lost here, which is why all my deliveries turn up on time. I'm sure if I lived in the back of beyond I too would be obsessive over deliveries.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Hermes are very good around here, they deliver to us a lot. DHL wouldn't come in the gate with the dog food delivery as we have a sign saying 'shut gate dogs loose'!?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A word about Hermes/Evri. In a thread last week I mentioned a parcel that had gone missing. I spent 15 minutes talking to a computer trying to give it the ref number. Finally got to talk to a human who could see my parcel was indeed 'stuck' somewhere. It was found within hours and delivered that day with a 'left in shed' signature. Waiting to hear from customer if they do have a shed or not.
Given Evri handle around 2 million parcels a day something may get lost or stolen, fact of life. To pay £2.50 to get a box from south east to Scotland in a couple of days is decent value.
I receive many pallets and last year a guy turned up with a pallet but no tail lift. He explained he had a spare empty pallet and started to unload by hand from the van to the pavement.

I used to ship palletised engines all over fairly regularly and never had an FLT . . .always used to ask for a tail lift collection, I'd pack the pallet in the boot of my car and slide it onto the tail lift.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Got one from dpd that I’m chasing up, said it was delivered to my work (uniform) 16th June. For proof I’ve got a blurred photo of just the label on the parcel…..

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Oh, I totally agree regarding all of the providers, it's just the annoying little things like the DPD driver who couldn't be bothered to come down our valley late in the day 1 week ago. My current DPD issue is symptomatic of how, when things go wrong, they just look a bit silly:-

02 Jul 2022 13:49 FFX We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel

Great, thanks for that.

03 Jul 2022 02:19 Hub 5 - Hinckley We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Kinmel Bay depot

Cool, looks like I'll be using my new brush cutter on Sunday :)

03 Jul 2022 07:00 Barking Your parcel is at our Barking depot

Ahh, that doesn't sound good.

03 Jul 2022 07:03 Barking There's a delay with your parcel and we've now sorted it

Marvellous, brush cutting back on.

03 Jul 2022 07:03 Barking Your parcel is at our Barking depot

Yeah, I know, you told me, I don't like that.

04 Jul 2022 07:58 Barking There's a delay with your parcel and we've now sorted it

Hmm, it's not sorted though is it, cos I just looked outside and it's not there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just had an email from DPD saying the thing I ordered earlier today for next day delivery is ‘in their system’. Let’s see what happens…

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I don't know who Halfords deal with - but last year I ordered some light bulbs online at about 9pm. They were delivered before I went to work the next morning - normal delivery charge, nothing special.

I was very impressed.

Otherwise - Royal Mail unfailingly good - and all our local posties are all very friendly and cheery when delivering stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here