Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst away visit

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can't believe anyone has not said frat ton park....what a completed shithole that is...and in the 70's and 80's it was a dangerous shithole

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
New Years Day - QPR away. Freezing cold and a shit one nil defeat. We still can't decide whose ridiculous idea that one was.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The restrictive view ticket we had at West Ham last year. My eye level was pitch level. Hole of a ground and will never go back.

Gillingham. Especially when we were at Withdean, and seeing their new stand that our money had built and we were in the open air.

Portsmouth. Again hole of a ground, but fortunately a sunny day.

Lastly, Southampton. Yes a good ground, but one ghastly pub where downstairs was for the home and upstairs away, and still a fair distance from the ground.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
What's the worst town,city, village you've visited on your away excursions. Wether it be lack of pubs, shops or facilities or generally rough as f***?
There have been many over the years but my stand out horror away days are Brentford- 2 successive seasons of losing 5-0 and bugger all to do other than a few moth eaten pubs. wallsall, hammered them the entire game, lost 1-0 and possibly the drabbest place ever. And lastly the f.a cup trip to Canvey Island just an awful, awful place, got attacked by west ham mob and the end of poor Liam Bradys tenure under a horrific regime.

Have to agree with Canvey Island, what a shit hole! One road in and one road out and a lot of West Ham! Trying to think of anything nearly comparable?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Obviously been erased from most people's memories, but a certain trip to Croydon was easily the worst away day of my life.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Mansfield I recall being fairly grim (late 80s?). For some reason I ended up on a long bus journey to get to the ground and then the whole experience once there was pretty joyless.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Oldham - invariably freezing cold enough to freeze the bollocks off a brass monkey. and to cap it all, we got beat 6-1

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Another vote for Canvey Island!! probably the worst overall i have encountered!

Port Vale for worst surrounding area and Aston Villa for biggest dissapointment, that place was a shite hole!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oldham - invariably freezing cold enough to freeze the bollocks off a brass monkey. and to cap it all, we got beat 6-1

I didn't go to the 6-1 defeat so my memories of Oldham are quite different. Generally it is very cold but 8 years ago it was red hot under that tin roof, we won 3-1 and games since then have all been wins.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Mansfield I recall being fairly grim (late 80s?). For some reason I ended up on a long bus journey to get to the ground and then the whole experience once there was pretty joyless.

Probably because they had no station then and you got train to Nottingham? Otherwise because, like me, you couldnt afford the cab. I went in c87.

Jan 30, 2008
you must have gone to the cup game up there and got a bus from alfreton park way ??? , yeah it was a typical mining town in those days pubs and clubs ,had to keep your eyes peeled.
Burslem/Stoke were other places that seemed a bit grim , Bolton,, Oldham , Rotherham to name a few

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Burnley for me. Horrible town, horrible stadium, horrible fans. It's like a trip back to all that was bad about the 80's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here