Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Worst albion player you can remember

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Mark Fox or his brother

Yes Mark and Simon...... really would like to know where they ended up (Icklesham Casuals seconds? The peak of my career)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Only ever booed one player off the pitch for the albion and that was Leon Best, a waste of space. So yeah, I'm gonna go with Leon Best.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Having seen Brighton play Derby many times, one that stuck out as being monumentally out of his depth (and that's up against some pretty stiff competition given our 2 clubs over the years!) was Adam Chicksen. I see he's found his level now

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Shamir Fenelon. Probably a really nice guy and I suspect he worked very hard for an opportunity but..........

It was obvious he was never destined to be a pro being so out of his depth in his appearance at the Amex for Hyypia.

Found his level in national League South, poor Sami was utterly stitched up by the recruitment team at the time.

I'm not actually sure what the club was trying to achieve by starting a season with just Shamir up front and from memory I can't think we had another fit for purpose striker as cover either.

A very strange season in the clubs history and we were very fortunate to stay up after the disastrous start, I think Derby away finally sealed Hyypias fate Dunk made it quite clear he was not happy with things at the end of the match, refusing a handshake in favour of a shoulder barge.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I’ll go with a couple of recents:

Izzy Brown
Chuba Akpom

Can’t speak for their ability but I can speak for their absolute lack of giving a sh1t.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Darren Hughes, dreadful left-back/left midfielder. Signed by Mullery in his second spell on the strength of one good game against us for Shrewsbury. He was terrible in every match he played for us (we were relegated) and when we finally got rid to Port Vale, he ended up playing against us in his first game for them, and scored, of course.

Probably not the worst but certainly my least favourite was Mickey Thomas though. Took our money and took the p*ss. I believe the only goal he scored for us was in an FA Cup tie when the ball was cleared off the line, hit him in the face and rebounded in. I hope it hurt.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm not actually sure what the club was trying to achieve by starting a season with just Shamir up front and from memory I can't think we had another fit for purpose striker as cover either.

A very strange season in the clubs history and we were very fortunate to stay up after the disastrous start, I think Derby away finally sealed Hyypias fate Dunk made it quite clear he was not happy with things at the end of the match, refusing a handshake in favour of a shoulder barge.

It was Hyypia himself who sealed his own fate, resigning straight after the disastrous home defeat to relegation rivals Millwall. Interesting to note that Tony Bloom still had faith in him at that stage.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Darren Hughes, dreadful left-back/left midfielder. Signed by Mullery in his second spell on the strength of one good game against us for Shrewsbury. He was terrible in every match he played for us (we were relegated) and when we finally got rid to Port Vale, he ended up playing against us in his first game for them, and scored, of course.

Probably not the worst but certainly my least favourite was Mickey Thomas though. Took our money and took the p*ss. I believe the only goal he scored for us was in an FA Cup tie when the ball was cleared off the line, hit him in the face and rebounded in. I hope it hurt.

Believe me, the Albion have had many many worse players than Darren Hughes, he hardly set the place alight l agree, but l don't remember him as being particularly bad.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Andy Petterson, Ken Goodeve, Glen Thomas, Bernard Gallacher but for me the worst was Alex Sheridan. Almost the complete squad of the two years at Gillingham would deserve a mention though.

It was obviously a very difficult time, and we had so many trialists who never made the grade, but to say the complete squad is unfair. Barker, Hart, Minton, Thomas, Culverhouse, McPherson, in particualr were really good, and I think others tried hard.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes Mark and Simon...... really would like to know where they ended up (Icklesham Casuals seconds? The peak of my career)

Both were playing for St Leonards in the 2000-01 season. Simon was still there the following season and as of September 2003 he was at Rye & Iden United. [Neither club exists anymore].

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Both were playing for St Leonards in the 2000-01 season. Simon was still there the following season and as of September 2003 he was at Rye & Iden United. [Neither club exists anymore].

On the one hand, it's great to see former Football League players prepared to drop down through the divisions and play at a much lower level.

On the flips ide though, a little sad that their careers fizzled out comparitively quickly.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yes pretty sure he did for Lincoln at Lincoln and he was very happy to do so. That bloody air raid siren made it even worse. He may even have got two?

Wasn’t he the player Alan Cork called “useless” after one of his Albion games?

He was and as I understand it, he had to be held back by a number of players as he was intent on filling Cork in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
markfarrington2.jpeg

https://inparallellines.wordpress.c...-mark-farrington-earned-rebuke-at-the-albion/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here