Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Worst albion player you can remember

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Thanks. Before my time then.

So many contenders from my years of supporting. 87 onwards.

Damien Hilton probably the worst for me.

But Ashley Neal & Glen Thomas were unbelievably poor too. Gislason was complete turd also and there was a player with the surname Mills from memory who played once or twice in the first season at Priestfield. He tended to play out wide but could be used as a full back. He was bloody awful too.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks. Before my time then.

So many contenders from my years of supporting. 87 onwards.

Damien Hilton probably the worst for me.

But Ashley Neal & Glen Thomas were unbelievably poor too. Gislason was complete turd also and there was a player with the surname Mills from memory who played once or twice in the first season at Priestfield. He tended to play out wide but could be used as a full back. He was bloody awful too.

Danny - Wikipedia - Danny Mills

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
We’ve never had a bad player, it’s just that some have been blessed with less skill and ability than others.

That said, go to post# 8.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If Burnley had this thread Robbie Brady would feature based on his performance tonight

Sub subbed after 24 mins, gave away goal, got booked and lucky not to get a red. MOTM??

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And there's your problem with loanees from big clubs. We have got lucky with plenty of loanees over the years but we have had some shockers too. Akpom is the only one that just couldn't give a shit and put no effort in whatsoever. (Tbf that Wilson lad from Man Utd never bust a gut either)

That's the one big problem with loan players, do the really care that much when they are only playing for a club for a short while and who aren't paying their wages?

Izzy Brown didn't seem to try too hard either. There have been many such examples though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Has anyone mentioned Kevin McLeod? a player who not long before he came to us had graced the Premier League with Everton, after a thoroughly miserable and underwhelming couple of seasons for us, was moved on to Wycombe Wanderere, and is now plying his trade for a Sunday league team l believe. Such a rapid fall from grace says it allreally..

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Yes indeed, I can well remember seeing his Lamborghini in the Withdean car park, all airs and graces.
Didn't dinner of the squad borrow the keys and nice it out of sight, just to see his face after training? To be fair to him he just came down at Micky Adams request and to get fit. He has never slagged us off, and it must have been a culture shock, and had always said that he enjoyed it a lot down at Withdean. I remember seeing him play against Hereford, at homes, I don't ever recall seeing such a quality player have so little effect on a game[emoji849].

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's the one big problem with loan players, do the really care that much when they are only playing for a club for a short while and who aren't paying their wages?

Izzy Brown didn't seem to try too hard either. There have been many such examples though.

That's a big generalisation: I don't think Brighton fans had many complaints about the likes of Dear, Keown, Dickov, Cotterill, Moulden, Zamora, McShane or Sidwell. Donny fans are highly impressed with Richards and you must have a very short memory if you can't remember how much Leeds and Millwall fans were taken by White and Molumby last season :smile:

There are loan players who swing the lead and there are loan players who are highly regarded and there are many more in the middle. We may have had some duff ones over the years but we've had many more decent ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here