Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Worst albion player you can remember

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Been a few over the years. The goldstone period under Liam Brady comes to mind. Kevin Mcgarrigle. Denny Mundee, Phil Andrews.

I'm sure there were a few games when I thought Mundee was one of our better players. Doesn't mean that he was any good though.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Colin Hawkins anyone?

Michael ‘the pony’ Mahoney Johnson.
In the nadir days of Gillingham he was by far and away the worse footballer to have worn the stripes. In a shockingly bad team he abused the privilege of being sh*thouse. The best that he achieved was strutting around the centre circle like a complete cockwomble. Utter, utter garbage. I think he came from QPR ... I still have it forgiven them .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Gavin Hoyte was also hopeless.

Hoyte was awful.

I actually feel a bit bad saying that he was awful, its not like he had an illustrious career, I'm sure he tried his best but he just really struggled at that level.

I'm sure we played a non league team in the cup at Withdean with Hoyte playing right back for us. We swapped him to the other side because he was getting skinned constantly. The opposition manager promptly swapped his winger to the other side so he could carry on tormenting him.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
In my time worse in an albion shirt I give a list of the shit I have seen over the years
Mickey Thomas
Glen Thomas
Damien Hilton
Jason Peake
Ashley Neal (total and utter shit Sunday league would of flattered this player)
Colin Hawkins
Micheal Mjohnson
Dale Jasper
Les Briley
Frank Stapleton
Danny Webb
Alan Young
Supermarket Trolley

just a few that stick out for me

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Grant Horstcroft, signed from Lewes i think?
Nice lad, Lewes was his Level, Absolute Pony for us along with Richard Tiltman (already Mentioned) with us around the same time before we left the Goldstone

Definitely two serious contenders :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am not saying Locadia was good, but do think people are beginning to view him with whatever the opposite of rose tinted glasses are.

Are some people really saying a player who scored 3 goals in 34 appearances including an excellent goal at Millwall that got us back into the quarterfinal is the worst we've ever had? Even if you say "pound for pound" he doesn't fit that description - we've had loads of "strikers" who must have a worse record at a much lower level than Locadia has had with us.

My vote always goes to Michael Mahoney-Johnson. Really didn't want to come on loan, was eventually cajoled into it, and really was absolutely shit. Didn't look remotely threatening against the worst team in the league who were essentially a pub side.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Some valid suggestions here, but surprised to see 'Barn Door' Billy Paynter not mentioned so far. We had him on loan from Dirty and he made a grand total of 10 appearances...

he gets my vote too

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Kemi Agustien, fat useless and simply couldn't be arsed.

Still stealing a living playing for Mickleover Sports in the Northern Premier League!!

He played very well in the following game (as an aside, watch the penalty decision with the pause button to see how far in the box Teixeira was when he was hacked down, only for us to get a free kick outside of the box . . .our luck never changes!).

https://youtu.be/qx7HY5DaRWs

Our worst player ever wouldn't have had even one good performance.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He played very well in the following game (as an aside, watch the penalty decision with the pause button to see how far in the box Teixeira was when he was hacked down, only for us to get a free kick outside of the box . . .our luck never changes!).

https://youtu.be/qx7HY5DaRWs

Our worst player ever wouldn't have had even one good performance.

Liked the shirts

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Feel Locadia and Farrington are being harshly dealt with.

Both are victims of what we hoped they’d be rather than being the worst.

Farrington arrived from Feyenoord with much expectation which he never got anywhere near meeting .... but that said he isn’t even close to the worst player I’ve seen... likewise Locadia.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I actually feel a bit bad saying that he was awful, its not like he had an illustrious career, I'm sure he tried his best but he just really struggled at that level.

I'm sure we played a non league team in the cup at Withdean with Hoyte playing right back for us. We swapped him to the other side because he was getting skinned constantly. The opposition manager promptly swapped his winger to the other side so he could carry on tormenting him.

Just read the thread back after posting.

I remember that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here