Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worrying Lack of Width

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I had concerns, often mentioning that a new winger was needed, even after signing Trossard. Let’s go through those names, as wingers:

Locadia - never a PL winger. Even his mates on NSC never said that, they argued he should be our sole striker.

Andone - the same and incredibly lazy.

Jahanbakhsh - £17m down the drain. Unless he comes back a different player.

Knockaeart - love his passion and driving forward, but lacked the pace at PL level to beat a man.

Izquierdo - great first season. Second season injuries and hopeless when playing.

Trossard and March I rate.

Cannot disagree with your assessment of our wingers, in my defence I said we had no concerns regarding the numbers of wingers not their individual ability or lack of it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite amazing that Knockaert, watching from the stands, was loaned out as surplus to requirements. How we could have done with some of his energy yesterday.

Izquierdo is perma-injured.

March is injured, ill or whatever.

Ali J is fit but shithouse.

We don't actually seem to have a wide player available to us.

Mmmmm....he's being retrained and will emerge as the missing link. Trust me - I have a massive opinion. :thumbsup:

And, ps, I think he's a bit injured right now.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Unlucky with injuries but our own fault to be honest. One stricker in, two that may not be amazing but would be handy to have until replaced, sent out on loan. Mooy in ( uninterested and slow) Kayal (keen as mustard) out. Most solid part of the team Dunk n Duffy split up. Bong and Schiletto getting into the first team squad shows a ridiculous lack of quality.

I know most can’t accept any critisism of the club but I can’t believe some of the twats in high places and big salaries that have let us down badly again.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Strictly speaking we've not played with wingers this year :wink:

I think we move the ball much quicker this year into these players, at least we have in the home games and the Newcastle and Watford away games, and I think that's showing with chances created at home. In this regard we're substantially better than we were under CH. But a lot of Premier League sides will outnumber our wing backs 2v1 so it's always rather difficult when those are your odds. It also explains why many of our crosses seem to be coming from those inside 10s in Gross and whoever's on the other side, as they're often the extra man in space to make these opportunities.

Our 343 or 3421 looked a lot better when we had either Solly or Bernardo playing LWB. Both of those can get decent balls in. We haven't had that for the last few games. Montoya looks a lot better this season as a RWB rather than a RB, although his crossing is very hit or miss. You're right about Gross, who has whipped in some delicious balls this season, mainly from the right. We did also score when Propper actually managed to get out wide on the right and put in a good ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here