Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XI: Nominations

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Why is there the need for a Premier League competition when Chelsea won it last year?

How many times in previous years was the HB defeated? Nothing stands forever.

As I am sure you are aware this competition has, in previous years and allegedly, been the subject of some highly dubious skullduggery on the part of certain moderators of this forum who have used their privileged position to adversely impact on the HB who, left to his own devices without criminal interference, would win this competition by a country mile every year. One year the HB was even defeated by a shrimp FFS!!!!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As I am sure you are aware this competition has, in previous years and allegedly, been the subject of some highly dubious skullduggery on the part of certain moderators of this forum who have used their privileged position to adversely impact on the HB who, left to his own devices without criminal interference, would win this competition by a country mile every year. One year the HB was even defeated by a shrimp FFS!!!!

Which is why the West Sussex Slug is in there with a fighting chance... :thumbsup:

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
I do like the Tardigrade because he is what hardness is all about. There was an issue raised last year where someone pointed out that the Tardigrade is a species not an animal. A particular type of Tardigrade was found (it had a Latin name). I am sure someone will explain further.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No. I don't do that. I'm offering my unpopular opinion. However, I don't wish to corrupt the thread so I'll be off now, Matron.

Just imagine you nominated a creature. This creature was totally unknown. Your creature climbed quietly up the divisions whilst living a very modest lifestyle.
Now imagine that same creature in the 2018 WHC final, watched by a stunned audience who never gave this creature a chance in hell. Now imagine your nominated creature winning the final.
Don't tell me you wouldn't feel immensely proud for the creature. So many normal creatures have had their lives turned around after winning the WHC. Some have even gone as high as becoming moderators.

Jealousy really doesn't suit you Clamp.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If not nominated already I’m nominating man. Dominates the Earth like no other creature mostly just by using his brain.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
View attachment 92576

It's January. Which means it must be WHC time. Once again, it is time for the meanest, toughest, hardest beasts of the natural world to pit their wits, teeth, tails, claws, flippers and anything else they can muster against their foe to lift the prestigious WHC trophy.

But before we go on, I'm sure you would all like to join me in taking a moment to offer up applause for Mr. Gary Nelson's Left Foot, who has officiated this annual event with such distinction over the last decade. His is a unique legacy. He hands over what has become one of NSC's very own big beasts. I am informed that Mr. GNLF has taken up retirement and plans to spend more time with his menagerie of vicious headcases and tend to his variety of fascinating injuries acquired over years of refereeing inside the AnimalDome. Mr. GNLF. We salute you.

Also, a little housekeeping before we get on to the serious business. Firstly, I shall declare my own hand. In recent years I have been very much Team Honey Badger. I'm also very fond of rhinos. With this in mind, I hereby recuse myself from all voting rights in this year's edition of the WHC Cup. Please don't go sending me any THB based whining. It's out of my hands. I'm sure Bozza's heard quite enough about dummy accounts too. Leave him alone.

Secondly, I'm new at this. Be gentle with me. It may take a while.

How you define 'hard' is up to you but please be prepared to make a case for how you define your chosen creature as such. How you define creature is also another grey area. I'm not a student of zoology. Hell, I never even made it to uni so don't ask me what a creature even is. If anybody has objections to nominees and considers them to not be 'creature-y' enough then please make yourself heard before the initial group stage goes live. After that, it's a lock and all nominees will be considered. I reserve the right to remove what any reasonable person might consider to be a 'Noddy nomination'.

So without further ado, let the 11th WHC Cup begin. Please feel free to nominate any creature you feel has what it takes to complete at this level. All creatures will need to be seconded before they are allowed to proceed to the group stage. At this stage you do not need to offer your justification but be prepared to do so should your chosen mentalist appear in the group stage. This will feature four groups of 10. The initial 40 will be allocated on a first (sensibly) come first served basis. Nominations will close at 23:59 hours on Tuesday 9th January, as we will all lose one night getting bent out of shape about the Palace match.

The top four of each group will enter the knockout phase of the competition, starting with the second round before proceeding to the quarter final and you know the rest. There will be no seeding. It's a straight knockout competition with a draw being made before each round.

There are no exclusions this year. All-comers welcome. The Honey Badger is defending champion. Will the evil little bugger come out fighting or has it grown fat and complacent in the past year?

NSC. It's over to you.

Naturally anyone with half a brain knows the Siberian tiger is the worlds power house (David Attenborough's words) but being northstand chat and this has been done to death scenario I'll sit this out and let all the buffoons cream over a honey badger and one dimensional croc :lolol::lolol:

Enjoy......:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
NSC’s greatest achievement by some way. Was fantastic to see justice done last year and now the pressure is off. Could see the Wolverine or Grasshopper Mouse going far, big fan of the GM.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Its not hardest as they arent too dangerous, but the Parktown Prawn is fecking terrifying, get one of those in you house and watch the place empty. I only ever had 2 in SA. A noiser, scarier, flying grasshopper you will not see. In fact if one can empty a large house of adults and kids, I think that makes them quite hard

Parktown Prawn

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Oh and Honey Badger can withdraw this year, bit like Man Utd not playing in the FA cup as its got bigger stuff to do like winning in Brazil. Yes it degrades the competition, like Ronnie hitting a 146 because a poultry prize. HB can take a year off, anyone voting is glory hunting

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh do **** off. Should have retired this annoying **** carnival when GNLF gave it up.

Was there any need for that? Or are you being ironic? :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like her chain of thought. Seconded.

I'm nominating Plasmodium falciparum and Trypanosoma brucei, both amazing animals, tough as nails and they don't even realise it

Seconded. And may I nominate the mighty MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Good evening. Here is a recap of where we are at present. 19 beasts have secured their place in the group stage and they are as follows:

Asian Giant Hornet, Tardigrade, Crocodile, Grasshopper Mouse, Hippopotamus, Bobbit Worm, Mantis Shrimp, Honey Badger, Cape Buffalo, Homo sapiens, Tortoise, Horse(!), Elephant Seal, Wolverine, Tasmanian Devil, Black Mamba, Bull Shark, Jaguar and Siberian Tiger.

So with almost half the spaces taken we have a ferocious and familiar lineup. However, the bottom half of the ticket has some interesting contenders awaiting a seconder. Those eagerly awaiting adoption include:

Orca, African Hunting Dog, European Badger, Red Crested Hawaiian Honeycreeper, Immortal Jellyfish, Aardvark, Cassowary, Moray Eel, Jewel Wasp, Black Swallower, Plasmodium falciparum (basically the malaria bug but Kalimantan Gull can see you straight), Trypanosoma bruce (Tsetse fly large - ditto) and the Parktown Prawn.

Interesting to see the parasites making a move. Perhaps you have something even more exotic/vicious uproar sleeve. Keep 'em coming.

EDIT: Mr Wilson's Tackle pushes the parasites over the line!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good evening. Here is a recap of where we are at present. 19 beasts have secured their place in the group stage and they are as follows:

Asian Giant Hornet, Tardigrade, Crocodile, Grasshopper Mouse, Hippopotamus, Bobbit Worm, Mantis Shrimp, Honey Badger, Cape Buffalo, Homo sapiens, Tortoise, Horse(!), Elephant Seal, Wolverine, Tasmanian Devil, Black Mamba, Bull Shark, Jaguar and Siberian Tiger.

So with almost half the spaces taken we have a ferocious and familiar lineup. However, the bottom half of the ticket has some interesting contenders awaiting a seconder. Those eagerly awaiting adoption include:

Orca, African Hunting Dog, European Badger, Red Crested Hawaiian Honeycreeper, Immortal Jellyfish, Aardvark, Cassowary, Moray Eel, Jewel Wasp, Black Swallower, Plasmodium falciparum (basically the malaria bug but Kalimantan Gull can see you straight), Trypanosoma bruce (Tsetse fly large - ditto) and the Parktown Prawn.

Interesting to see the parasites making a move. Perhaps you have something even more exotic/vicious uproar sleeve. Keep 'em coming.

EDIT: Mr Wilson's Tackle pushes the parasites over the line!

Point of order, it shouldn't be an ordinary African crocodile as they're softies. It has to be the salt water crocodile who swims into the Indisn Ocean to kill sharks.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Point of order, it shouldn't be an ordinary African crocodile as they're softies. It has to be the salt water crocodile who swims into the Indisn Ocean to kill sharks.

Fair point well made and I think somebody else has made a similar remark. Unless anybody objects I shall assume the nomination refers to the salt water variety.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Antechinus. The males die after just a year of life, but that's the result of how fecking hard they compete for females. They're known for completely shutting down their immune systems, overloading on testosterone, and going for it for 12 hours without break while fighting off other males. Any other creature that goes up against one of these little Aussies is so screwed. In more ways than one...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here