Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worlds Hardest Creature VIII – Quarter Finals ****Official Pre-Match Thread****

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
This year is turning into a farce. No way should the two best competitors meet in the Quaternary Finals! Might have to abstain fom voting in that one.
No surprises the Honey Badger will somehow get through again.

Seagull is going to win the whole thing.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Grasshopper Mouse - clues in the name folks it mainly eats insects, particularly grasshoppers. Just because it occassionally takes on something a bit more impressive doesnt make it properly hard. Its still only taking on creatures it outweighs, and has immunity to their toxins. Its no more impressive than me getting squirted by a kid with a waterpistol and then punching said child in the face. Not hard.

Hear hear!

So the mouse howls. So what? Since when did howling = hard?

And for all of those gearing up to stitch up the honey badger, just think. If you let us Badgeristas get our way just once we can pack it in, move on with our lives and look to the wider animal kingdom for hardness.

The Honey Badger's going down, punks.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I can't wait to see the whinging and whining when the Honey Hipsters have to deal with the bloody badger's inevitable failure.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The seagull will make the final.

The seagull will win the final!

#teamgull

This year is turning into a farce. No way should the two best competitors meet in the Quaternary Finals! Might have to abstain fom voting in that one.
No surprises the Honey Badger will somehow get through again.

Seagull is going to win the whole thing.

Is anyone from #teamgull going to actually post any evidence, film, pictures, anecdotal or otherwise of what makes the Seagull hard? It scavenges, gets scarred off but the slightest thing, then scavenges again. Occasionally known to dive bomb if you get near to a nest with chicks, but that is about it.

It's just a low IQ flying rat moron. I've never seem one do anything hard other than eat a whole bag of chips and a battered sausage that had been left on the beach…

Hard my arse…

2356834402_f5bd959562_z.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Is anyone from #teamgull going to actually post any evidence, film, pictures, anecdotal or otherwise of what makes the Seagull hard? It scavenges, gets scarred off but the slightest thing, then scavenges again. Occasionally known to dive bomb if you get near to a nest with chicks, but that is about it.

It's just a low IQ flying rat moron. I've never seem one do anything hard other than eat a whole bag of chips and a battered sausage that had been left on the beach…

Hard my arse…

2356834402_f5bd959562_z.jpg

I am not team gull. I just think it will make the final.

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Hippo
Badger
Croc
Wolverine

when do the polls come ? I am afraid I may miss them due to being abroad !

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Grasshopper Mouse - clues in the name folks it mainly eats insects, particularly grasshoppers. Just because it occassionally takes on something a bit more impressive doesnt make it properly hard. Its still only taking on creatures it outweighs, and has immunity to their toxins. Its no more impressive than me getting squirted by a kid with a waterpistol and then punching said child in the face. Not hard.
Honey Badger vs Grasshopper Mouse - An epic confrontation between two genuine "come back here I'll bite your toes off" mentalists.

You've changed your tune.

Hear hear!

So the mouse howls. So what? Since when did howling = hard?

And for all of those gearing up to stitch up the honey badger, just think. If you let us Badgeristas get our way just once we can pack it in, move on with our lives and look to the wider animal kingdom for hardness.

Classic Honey Badger fanboy tactics - as soon as they come up against a genuine threat, they do everything they can to demean their competitor. Looks like a few of them are worried that their usual POUND for POUND arguments won't work against the Grasshopper Mouse.

A reminder of some of what WHC's 2015 Champion in the making, the Grasshopper Mouse, does:

- Takes on tarantulas, giant centipedes, snakes and scorpions. Disregarding the fact that all these animals are venomous - that's like you taking on a tarantula the size of a car, something like an alligator with 80 legs, or a snake the length of train. POUND FOR POUND hardness.

- Despite being smaller than your hand, it commands a territory of about 28 ACRES. In fact, put a group of these mice in an enclosed space and there is a BLOODBATH - they fight until there is only one left.

- When attacking prey and predators alike, they are known to disarm their enemy by biting their heads off

- After making a kill, they stand on their back legs and HOWL. A great big GET-OFF-MY-LAND death-shriek.

They're literally mental. HARD.

Classic Honey Badger fanboy tactics - as soon as they come up against a genuine threat, they do everything they can to demean their competitor. Looks like a few of them are worried that their usual POUND for POUND arguments won't work against the Grasshopper Mouse.

A reminder of some of what WHC's 2015 Champion in the making, the Grasshopper Mouse, does:

- Takes on tarantulas, giant centipedes, snakes and scorpions. Disregarding the fact that all these animals are venomous - that's like you taking on a tarantula the size of a car, something like an alligator with 80 legs, or a snake the length of train. POUND FOR POUND hardness.

- Despite being smaller than your hand, it commands a territory of about 28 ACRES. In fact, put a group of these mice in an enclosed space and there is a BLOODBATH - they fight until there is only one left.

- When attacking prey and predators alike, they are known to disarm their enemy by biting their heads off

- After making a kill, they stand on their back legs and HOWL. A great big GET-OFF-MY-LAND death-shriek.

I'm SOLD*

*Unless it comes up against the Hippo, because that would just sit on it and squash it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

This is proper PR. I like it. I'm absolutely torn. The HB needs some new youtube vids, they need a fresh perspective. People who say howling isn't hard, it is bloody hard if you've just killed something that could kill you and you're letting everybody in the vicinity know about it. Hard. #teamhowl.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

You also missed off...

- These mice live in burrows which have been abandoned by its original owner, or which they sometimes invade and overtake by force. BEAST MODE

- Aggression within the species is so strong that in 90 tests, in which two animals of the same sex were placed in 5x5 m cages, 90% of fights ended with the death of the loser. BLOOD BATH

- Mating behavior has been described as quite complicated, a result of avoiding fatal aggressive encounters. Most live alone due to the fact one will kill the other after a short space of time. VOLITILE

- The bark scorpion is, the most venomous scorpion in North America, wielding an intensely painful – and potentially lethal – sting that stuns and deters snakes, birds and other predators. People unfortunate enough to have experienced the sting say that it produces an immediate burning sensation, followed by prolonged throbbing pain that can last for hours.

But the grasshopper mouse is completely resistant to the bark scorpion's venom. In fact, it actively preys upon scorpions and other poisonous creatures. it responds to the bark scorpion's sting by licking its paw for a second or two, before resuming its attack, then killing and eating the scorpion, starting with the stinger and the bulb containing the venom. CHEMICAL WAREFARE.

Tell me this little beast isnt hard... BITCH.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Thats because I bought the Grasshopper Mouse hype, but since then I've done my research and grasshopper mouse may take on tarantulas centipedes and scorpions, but I've seen the footage and they are taking on little ones not bigger creatures. 3 Honeybadgers have been observed chasing 7 Lions away from there own kill they were eating. Far far harder.

grasshopper mouse got my vote in earlier rounds, but I feel cheated.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
No its not because they don't take on creatures bigger than them, and they are immune to the venom. My analogy that its like me decking a child with a water pistol is far closer than these wild exaggerations of yours.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This is proper PR. I like it. I'm absolutely torn. The HB needs some new youtube vids, they need a fresh perspective. People who say howling isn't hard, it is bloody hard if you've just killed something that could kill you and you're letting everybody in the vicinity know about it. Hard. #teamhowl.

Come the actual tie I'm going to start up my Honey Badger campaign in earnest. I get the feeling he may need a hand through this round and, like you say, a fresh perspective is required on why the Honey badger is truly the world's hardest creature.

Lots of people on here don't even know the basic RATEL FACTS.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

Well, since you put it like THAT. This is a tough call...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Come the actual tie I'm going to start up my Honey Badger campaign in earnest. I get the feeling he may need a hand through this round and, like you say, a fresh perspective is required on why the Honey badger is truly the world's hardest creature.

Lots of people on here don't even know the basic RATEL FACTS.

Thats what you get when you have PLASTIC WHC fans like Jackanada supporting the Badger cause. Next thing you know, Badger fans will be banging a drum to help make him look scarier.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
- Despite being smaller than your hand, it commands a territory of about 28 ACRES.

From other grasshopper mice. Not being sociable doe not equal hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here