***Worlds Hardest Creature IX: Group A***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am pretty much obliged to vote rhino. No natural predators? That's because the rest of the animal kingdom is wise enough to know when it's beaten (except for poxy mankind messing things up).

Rhino v Cape Buffalo. Neither of them need to fight each other. No love interest involved, don't even really share the same food, not hunting each other, so this is just about having a fight. BOTH come out with huge hardness credentials. HARD.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Rhino v Cape Buffalo. Neither of them need to fight each other. No love interest involved, don't even really share the same food, not hunting each other, so this is just about having a fight. BOTH come out with huge hardness credentials. HARD.

This video is BRILLIANT! And it's sealed the deal for me. I'm Team Cape Buffalo. There is absolutely no need to fight the much larger rhino. No. Need. At. All. But it goes head to head with the rhino and stands its ground (as much as it can being only half the weight) and even goes back for more after getting a bit of a beating. It takes five minutes before finally getting beaten, at which point it goes back to eating grass. What a beast! What a HARD beast.

Vote Cape Buffalo.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This video is BRILLIANT! And it's sealed the deal for me. I'm Team Cape Buffalo. There is absolutely no need to fight the much larger rhino. No. Need. At. All. But it goes head to head with the rhino and stands its ground (as much as it can being only half the weight) and even goes back for more after getting a bit of a beating. It takes five minutes before finally getting beaten, at which point it goes back to eating grass. What a beast! What a HARD beast.

Vote Cape Buffalo.

It's not all Buff either, when the Buff's mates all turn up, the Rhino is still up for it, like he's saying 'come on then, I'll take you all on'. Both get a lot of credit for being hard.

Don't be swayed people by natural history programme's obsession with big cats, the Buffalo often gets the better of many of its predators and enjoys a good scrap!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's not all Buff either, when the Buff's mates all turn up, the Rhino is still up for it, like he's saying 'come on then, I'll take you all on'. Both get a lot of credit for being hard.

Don't be swayed people by natural history programme's obsession with big cats, the Buffalo often gets the better of many of its predators and enjoys a good scrap!

Yeah, the rhino does well when it looks like the other C.B's are coming in for some action too. I love the fact that at about the four minute mark, when the other buffaloes surround the rhino they end up fighting each other. They just want to ruck. It's sad that they're both fighting for what appears to be fourth place at best. The third place Grizzly is pretty far ahead.

Come on NSC, vote TEAM CAPE BUFFALO.

They're unpredictable, aggressive, untameable and as the video shows clearly up for a fight with anything, for no reason. Just for the love of fighting.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This is simply magnificent. Should have been posted yesterday. If either of them fails to get through (as is likely) it will be all YOUR fault. :nono:

This Buffalo wants to know WTF you're looking at?

African_Buffalo_Ngorongoro.jpg

This one just likes duffing up Lions, because it HARD.

cape-buffalo-attack1.jpg

Yoda

English & European
One last attempt to get votes for team BWS

10 Reasons Why The Brazilian Wandering Spider Is Your New Nightmare

1.) It's the most venomous spider in the world.
desktop-1421782126.jpg

According to the 2010 Guinness Book Of World Records, the Brazilian wandering spider is the most venomous spider in the world. (Technically, the spider's venom is the most toxic in the world.) Luckily for the human race, there is a very effective antivenom for the wandering spider's bites. But that still doesn't make them any less painful and it's only available in Brazil.

2.) They love to wander.
desktop-1421782129.jpg

You might wonder where or how exactly the Brazilian wandering spider got its name. That's simple, it's called that because it loves to wander. It doesn't spin webs like other spiders, and instead wanders on the jungle floor (or in your bed) looking for prey.

These spiders hunt mostly at night, so during the day they stay in the shadows, out of sight. However, because they like to wander, it's not uncommon for people to find these spiders in dark places in their homes, cars, inside shoes, and even under piles of clothing.

3.) Not easy to miss.
desktop-1421782127.jpg

These spiders can grow to be pretty big. An adult Brazilian wandering spider can have a leg span up to six inches. (Most spiders have an average leg span of about an inch if that helps you be any less terrified of this creature.)

4.) They're aggressive.
desktop-1421782128.jpg

While most spiders will hear us humans coming and run away, the Brazilian wandering spider does the opposite. It goes out and attacks. Yeah, not cool, right?

The bright side of this (if you can call it that) is that these spiders don't always inject venom when they bite. They will occasionally deliver what is know as a "dry bite" as a warning, or to buy time for escape. Or maybe they're just messing with us and keeping us guessing.

5.) They're spreading in parts of the world.
desktop-1421782125.jpg

While the traditional habitat of the Brazilian wandering spider is in South America, they have been spotted in far flung places around the world. This is because they like to hitch rides with shipments of fruit and vegetables leaving Brazil. For example, the wandering spider has made a number of appearances in the United Kingdom.

6.) If a man is bitten, something not so fun happens.
desktop-1421782131.jpg

One of the more unpleasant side effects of a wandering spider bite only affects men. The venom will cause most men to have a painful erection that lasts for hours.

The only good thing about this is that the spider's venom is being used to research cures for erectile dysfunction.

7.) They have a terrifying warning dance.
desktop-1421782129.jpg

COME AT ME, BRO!

When the wandering spider is feeling threatened, it will initiate a "warning dance," to try to ward off its attackers. It does this by raising its two front legs high into the air, and moving from side to side. It's actually a pretty terrifying sight.

8.) It's a deadly predator.
desktop-1421782124.jpg

During the night time hours, the Brazilian wandering spider searches for its prey on the jungle floor. This prey includes a variety of insects and small mammals. So, if you're a rodent, you really want to steer clear of these beasts when the sun goes down.

9.) They're sometimes called "banana spiders."
desktop-1421782126.jpg

In some circles, the Brazilian wandering spider is called the "banana spider." This is because the spider has been known to hitch rides in crates of fruit, namely bananas. When the spider has been spotted outside of South America, quite often it is hiding alongside this fibrous fruit.

10.) Their Greek name literally means "murderess."
desktop-1421782130.jpg

If you're not convinced by now that the Brazilian wandering spider is bad news, then how about this: the Greek name for the spider Phoneutria literally translates to murderess.

I am simply stunned that the Cape Buffalo has gone out in the first round.

The thing fights Rhino's when it's bored for shits and giggles.

Be ashamed NSC, be VERY ashamed.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Group A is finished. Congratulations to the Mantis Shrimp, Great White Shark and Grizzly Bear(really NSC?). The Rhino will have to wait to see if it has enough votes to claim the best fourth place finish.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Group A is finished. Congratulations to the Mantis Shrimp, Great White Shark and Grizzly Bear(really NSC?). The Rhino will have to wait to see if it has enough votes to claim the best fourth place finish.

Shouldn't the 4th place be determined on highest percentage of votes from their group, not number of votes? This would eliminate one group getting more front page coverage than another.

Rhino would be tied with tardigrade and elephant on 11.19% for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here