Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World (Tainted) Cup Bets....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well the tainted world cup is nearly upon us, and footballers and everyday folks like a dabble on the world cup so....

I was wondering any tips ?
Top goal scorer (golden boot) ?
I fancy Kylian Mbappé as France seem to have a fairly easy group and he could scrape a lead on Kane, as we may struggle against Wales and USA.
Outright, I have a feeling Germany are going to do well, as an outsider I quite like the look of Uruguay.

Over to you...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well the tainted world cup is nearly upon us, and footballers and everyday folks like a dabble on the world cup so....

I was wondering any tips ?
Top goal scorer (golden boot) ?
I fancy Kylian Mbappé as France seem to have a fairly easy group and he could scrape a lead on Kane, as we may struggle against Wales and USA.
Outright, I have a feeling Germany are going to do well, as an outsider I quite like the look of Uruguay.

Over to you...
What’s Toney lumping on ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just a couple of BHAFC-interest bets for starters on bet365

- Ecuador to beat Qatar in the opener looks worth a decent punt at 11/8

- Japan to give a sluggish-starting Germany a bit of a fright with a draw at 16/5

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm not betting on this filth but.........

Argentina to win the World Cup (6/1).

Mexico to be eliminated in the last 16 (3/1). It's happened in the last six World Cups I think.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
F87F242C-5C53-44FA-B040-E7AB3975182A.jpeg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thought i might have a flutter, my god betting sites have become unmanagable. so many damn options, couldn't find simple "outright tournament" selection. cant be arsed now.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Loads of little nibbles to be had from some of the main bookies. If I can be arsed I'll compile a list over the next couple of days.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Sky are offering 20/1 on there being at least 1 goal in each group match. Might have a little flutter on that, so get ready for a load of 0-0 bore draws!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I think The Netherlands have a very good team and could go all the way, Belgium often do a England and fluff their lines in knockout football,Brazil look a bit weak defensively and with their style of play will be wide open to counter attacking bus parkers,I think and my winners bet will be on Spain.

My underdog team upsetting a few big guns are Ghana and it wouldn't surprise me if Japan make it out of the group of death.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Saudi Arabia (Argentina, Mexico, Poland) & Costa Rica (Spain, Japan, Germany) to both get 0 points in the group @ 6.7/1 is my favourite bet.

I’ve doubled down on Costa Rica to get 0 points in another bet, along with Belgium (Croatia, Canada, Morocco) and Argentina to both get 7 points. Both have their hardest game last so if they’ve won their opening two games they might decide to shut up shop and take a point. That was 30/1

Portugal are missing Jota and have to cope with the current Ronaldo drama. Uruguay & South Korea to qualify from their group at 14/1 seems worth a dabble.

I’ve also got Holland 1st, Ecuador 2nd (Senegal & Qatar), France 1st, Denmark 2nd (Australia, Tunisia) & Belgium 1st, Croatia 2nd @ 15/1

Finally I’m going to stick a Yankee on exact group finishing orders

Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon 4/1
Argentina, Poland, Mexico, Saudi 3/1
Germany, Japan, Spain, Costa Rica 11/1
France, Denmark, Tunisia, Australia 11/4

If all 4 legs come in then I’m going on holiday :lolol:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think The Netherlands have a very good team and could go all the way, Belgium often do a England and fluff their lines in knockout football,Brazil look a bit weak defensively and with their style of play will be wide open to counter attacking bus parkers,I think and my winners bet will be on Spain.

My underdog team upsetting a few big guns are Ghana and it wouldn't surprise me if Japan make it out of the group of death.

Belgium are pretty rubbish now

Still have Jan/Toby in defence

Lukaku injured

Hazard poor

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
One of my World Cup gigs is to write one or more betting tips per day (I get 100 kr, like £9, to spend each day) and today is probably the most difficult. But it needs to be done.

I aim for a 45% win rate over the tournament, with a small profit as I'm going for a bit higher odds than usual (1.60-2.20 is what normal people do, I go for 2.20+).

I think it will be a rough affair, not much beauty but a lot of willpower and tough tackles. The ref Daniele Orsato likes a yellow card (he's a little bit above average in that sense).

Hence I'll go for "both teams to get 2+ cards" at 2.65 (Bet365). I'll put 50 kr on that.

I expect Qatar to start with a lot of energy. It is their tournament after all and I think they'll go all in in the first 20. I put my other 50 kr on Qatar getting over 2 corners in the first half, at 3.25.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here