[Other Sport] World Snooker Tour rocked by match fixing investigations...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's been knocked off it's spot at the top of the Big Board, so I will give it a big bounce, and it will Rocket back to the top.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I'm sure the games' authorities will put a positive SPIN on this and try to keep it off the TOP of the news pages and avoid too much STICK.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
There have similar offences in the recent past, I had to do a DOUBLE take to make sure this was a current news story.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm going to table a motion that we bring an end to the pun proceedings, unless we triangles that we haven't looked at before.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm going to table a motion that we bring an end to the pun proceedings, unless we triangles that we haven't looked at before.
That request will put Titanic in the jaws of a dilemma. Some content has been near the knuckle. Perhaps a clean slate is needed?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This thread confirms that snooker knocks fishy puns into a cocked-hat.
Someone might still get the fishing tackle out...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Chinese players Liang Wenbo and Li Hang have received lifetime bans for match-fixing in snooker's biggest corruption scandal.

A total of 10 players, all from China, have been disciplined by the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA).
The allegations include manipulating games, approaching players to cheat, betting on snooker and fixing a match.

Yan Bingtao, the 2021 Masters champion, has been banned for five years until 11 December 2027, and UK Championship winner Zhao Xintong must serve a 20-month suspension that ends on 1 September 2024.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Chinese players Liang Wenbo and Li Hang have received lifetime bans for match-fixing in snooker's biggest corruption scandal.

A total of 10 players, all from China, have been disciplined by the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA).
The allegations include manipulating games, approaching players to cheat, betting on snooker and fixing a match.

Yan Bingtao, the 2021 Masters champion, has been banned for five years until 11 December 2027, and UK Championship winner Zhao Xintong must serve a 20-month suspension that ends on 1 September 2024.

i guess that they will the have to be in the cue when they want to make a return, unless of course they have gone to pot by then

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Liang Wenbo... He was a character... shame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports