Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] World Snooker Sweepstake

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The Belgium Bullet blows away the Rocket for a big upset.
On one hand, I'm annoyed that Luca knocked out my hero, Ronnie O'Sullivan in the quarter-finals - not just on the table but off it as well with his honesty about life, but on the other hand, I want Luca Brecel of Belgium to thrash Mark Selby and it will open the floodgates for players from Europe to progress. There are already players from France, Germany, Austria, Ukraine, Estonia and Romania on tour but they are well down the rankings and still very, very young. Iulian Boiko of Ukraine is making tremendous progress at the age of just 17 years-old. EuroSport is watched by millions.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On one hand, I'm annoyed that Luca knocked out my hero, Ronnie O'Sullivan in the quarter-finals - not just on the table but off it as well with his honesty about life, but on the other hand, I want Luca Brecel of Belgium to thrash Mark Selby and it will open the floodgates for players from Europe to progress. There are already players from France, Germany, Austria, Ukraine, Estonia and Romania on tour but they are well down the rankings and still very, very young. Iulian Boiko of Ukraine is making tremendous progress at the age of just 17 years-old. EuroSport is watched by millions.
Snooker needs the Bullet to win this now.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Mark Selby is 4/9 with Luca Brecel at 13/8.

I'm surprised Selby isn't a stronger favourite but his openness about his mental health struggles last season might just gives the bookies a concern so they're showing plenty of respect towards Brecel.

Whatever happens, it will be an emotional win for both players in different circumstances. (y)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Screenshot_20230430-160939~2.png

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Saw the last couple of frames and some of the analysis, Brecel making a very positive start, hopefully this continues although Selby will surely improve...

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
I hope the torturer wins
My snooker partner is all flair and screwbacks
A superior player to me
But every now and again I torture him to a defeat

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Saw the last couple of frames and some of the analysis, Brecel making a very positive start, hopefully this continues although Selby will surely improve...
I have never seen Mark Selby play so flat. He is clearly jaded (as I am by just watching it last night!) To play until nearly 1am and expect to keep up his famed mental energy on the table is just a match too far maybe? Tonight is simply HUGE. If Luca Brecel can win the session this evening as well to be (at least) five frames clear then we could have a new world champion on our hands.........

Fearless potting from the Belgian bullet this afternoon but it's so easy to forget that he's the world number nine. Getting that first win at the Crucible in the first round has inspired him and he was 50/1 at the start of the tournament.

Tomorrow, after a good night's sleep, Selby is going to throw everything at Brecel in his quest for a fifth world crown, regardless of the scoreline.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
To play until nearly 1am and expect to keep up his famed mental energy on the table is just a match too far maybe?
I was wondering if Brecel's staggering comeback would leave him deflated; no sign of that though. He's still on top form, lovely to watch!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I have just won £240 on Mark Selby getting the highest break of the tournament! A magical 147 to equal Kyren Wilson.

GET IN THERE! :clap:

£40 @ 10/1 to be halved. I will post the betting slip when I have recovered shortly as proof. Absolutely BRILLIANT!

What a magical moment for Mark and me. :D

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Draw was made at 9:30 this morning, managed to get it done in one go this time without any issues.

@Is it PotG? - 'The Brave Belgian Bullet' Luca Brecel
@HangletonGull - 'The Jester from Leicester' Mark Selby
Some amazing stuff this afternoon, setting it up nicely. Hendry impressed, so that's something.

All to play for, but whatever happens can you thank Gurjit on my behalf and let him know there will be a little extra 'something' in his Christmas envelope this year.

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here