World Series Official thread

Seagull64

Sep 22, 2008
bored-tobey-maguire.jpg

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Not quite the pitching dual that was expected was it?
Cliff Lee really did get beaten up from the highlights I have watched this morning.
I think this series will go to seven games, but I can't pick a winner.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Is this the world series only the Americans play in ?
dont the canadians play in it as well ? i'm pretty sure its called the world series because it was first sponsored by a newspaper ie the 'chicago world ' or something similar, not because its a world championship or anything, but it is f***ing tedious i must say.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just watched game 2 Texas spectacularily imploded, 4 walks in a row in the 8th, a world series record, got to be the worst pitching I have ever seen. Giants were 2-0 up in the 8th innings with 2 already out and then scored 7 runs.

Lets go Giants let go.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
dont the canadians play in it as well ? i'm pretty sure its called the world series because it was first sponsored by a newspaper ie the 'chicago world ' or something similar, not because its a world championship or anything, but it is f***ing tedious i must say.

The sponsorship by the New York World is an urban myth
http://www.snopes.com/business/names/worldseries.asp

It's called World Series because the Americans really hold it to be the world championship.

Have you seen the footage of the "SF riots"? They're nothing compared to Millwall v West Ham

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Congratulation to the Giants. I saw a game in their stadium one scorching afternoon about six years ago and had the previlege of meeting Peter Gammons in the crowd.

Superb stadium and glad to see the NL win the Series :thumbsup:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Good to see a West Coast team win – even if they were from New York originally

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here