Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World record attempt-Brighton Marathon 2011

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Ladies & Gents,

Just a thought and apologies if it has been raised before, but a few of us in Noth Stand Block L (prawn sandwiches etc etc) are running the Bighton marathon next Spring. I am sure a few of the Withdean Faithful are doing it and I can't see anything on the Guineess site about the most marathon runners wearing footy shirts. Who can set up a facebook site to get some like minded individuals together.

Will Jo start us off on the day?

:albion1:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm also doing it, and had planned to wear an Albion shirt or top of some kind.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ladies & Gents,

Just a thought and apologies if it has been raised before, but a few of us in Noth Stand Block L (prawn sandwiches etc etc) are running the Bighton marathon next Spring. I am sure a few of the Withdean Faithful are doing it and I can't see anything on the Guineess site about the most marathon runners wearing footy shirts. Who can set up a facebook site to get some like minded individuals together.

I thought you were all about 90!! World record for over 90's

Good luck!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can I raise a slight drawback ?

Great North Run

Newcastle United

go figure :thumbsup:

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Okey dokey,

So on the basis that Gully's Girls may be coercerd into seeing us off (if you excuse the expression and the fact that they haven't be asked yet..) who can set up a facebook site for all us fit over 90 year olds. Stuart Perace??

D

Deleted User X18H

I ran the inaugural Brighton marathon in my Albion shirt and got cheered and encouraged the whole way with shouts of 'seagulls and the like.

Don't half hurt your nips though.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Ladies & Gents,

Great North Run

Newcastle United

Great North Run is a HALF MARATHON

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
could london marathon be a bit of a problem? or would there be a generally an even number if you deduct the 'pro's' and the fun runners in fancy dress?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Gentlemen,

1.The Brighton marathon next year is already arranged. 2. There will be Seagull fans running it (how many, I do not know). I have run quite a few marathons before (NY, Paris, London, Melbourne ...) and acted as a volunteer at last years inaugral marathon. The atmosphere of last years Brighton marathon was fantastic and rivalled any of the above. All I am saying is that those of the persuasion who follow the Albion should get together on the day. What do you think.?

SSB

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
Like the idea, however chaffage is a big issue no matter how much cream or plasters you use.

How about we run it in our "Hola Gus" t-shirts instead?? More comedy value as well as comfort!

Perhaps a new thread - what the hell have you done with or in your "Hola Gus" shirt??? (probably been done?)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Hmm - as a regular marathon runner (doing my 10th full marathon next week in this year alone), I wouldn't recommend running a marathon in an Albion shirt.
The shirts are simply not made for long distance running.
As been stated earlier, chaffing, breathability, airflow, looseness make the shirts not conducive.

A jog around the park is one thing, but 26.2 miles - no thank you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Great North Run

Newcastle United

Geordies practically live in Newcastle shirts. They must hold the world record for the most people doing anything you choose in football tops.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I imagine there will be a few (me included) who are running for REMF and I seem to remember the organisers saying that they will providing their own shirts....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here