[Football] World Cup Draw

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Coming up later today...

<Insert your own Qatar / Group of Death gag here>

Pot 1 (seeded teams): Qatar, Brazil, Belgium, France, Argentina, England, Spain, Portugal.

Pot 2: Mexico, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Uruguay, Switzerland, USA, Croatia.

Pot 3: Senegal, Iran, Japan, Morocco, Serbia, Poland, South Korea, Tunisia.

Pot 4: Cameroon, Canada, Ecuador, Saudi Arabia, Ghana, Wales/Scotland/Ukraine, Costa Rica/New Zealand, UAE/Australia/Peru.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Teams from the same continent will be kept apart - except for European countries, where a maximum of two can be in any one group.

Unlike in previous World Cups, the match schedule will be decided afterwards and will not happen automatically depending on how teams are drawn out."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60810068

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Group of Life

England
USA
Tunisia
UAE / Australia / Peru

Group of Death

England
Netherlands / Germany
Japan / South Korea
Ghana

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I do understand why, but of course all set up for the big sides to get through. I will get into it at last 16 stage. 9 times out of 10 pots1 and 2 sides would beat pots 3 and 4

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I do understand why, but of course all set up for the big sides to get through. I will get into it at last 16 stage. 9 times out of 10 pots1 and 2 sides would beat pots 3 and 4

Assuming 2 go through from each group I will watch most games from that stage

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Doing the draw when there are still qualifying rounds to be completed is shit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I fear the thought of facing a hugely pumped up Denmark in early knockouts. They would be desperate to avenge the Euros.

(Even though it probably was a penalty…)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
How come Qatar are in pot 1? They are ranked 51st in the world and below every other country who have qualified.

Stinks doesn't it. One team in each of the other three pots are going to be seriously happy to avoid one of Brazil, Belgium, France, Argentina, England, Spain or Portugal in their group.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Stinks doesn't it. One team in each of the other three pots are going to be seriously happy to avoid one of Brazil, Belgium, France, Argentina, England, Spain or Portugal in their group.

Exactly. Qatar, Canada, Tunisia & USA. I'd be addicted to that group.
Just looked up past finals. Russia were a decent team but ranked 65th. Brazil weren't bad. South Africa was the same but half decent team.
Who plays for Qatar, anyone we might know, and what chances do they have of winning a game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here