Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Twenty One... Time for the boys to do us proud.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Unchanged lineup expected. Thought he might go 3–4-3 but it would have been hard to justify dropping anyone from the Senegal game. Can’t really argue with that.

Come on England!!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I detest the Sun at the best of times but this is atrocious. I almost hope we lose (almost) now.

It’s a funny piss take - the French don’t care judging by the Twitter responses and since the ‘City’ have allowed the ads to go up.

It’s not like France is hosting a match against us - it’s the World Cup - it wouldn’t offend me if there were banners up in my town cheering on Portugal or if the local rags WhatsApped it or whatever - oh yeah, there are in some of the pubs here because we have a high % of Portuguese residents 😂

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
It’s a funny piss take - the French don’t care judging by the Twitter responses and since the ‘City’ have allowed the ads to go up.

It’s not like France is hosting a match against us - it’s the World Cup - it wouldn’t offend me if there were banners up in my town cheering on Portugal or if the local rags WhatsApped it or whatever - oh yeah, there are in some of the pubs here because we have a high % of Portuguese residents 😂

Crass and childish, I agree, but as a French-Canadian who's lived in France, I assure you, it won't have insulted anyone... Because, justement, it's childish. As a parent, have you ever taken seriously your tantrumming 5-year-old who says 'I hate you!' when you send them to their room for acting up/misbehaving? Of course not. And Sun 'journos' and readers are children. ;)

Besides, football is not a religion in France like it is in some countries. The taunting and give-and-take is de bonne guerre, as we say -- fair game. :)

Quebec Seagull

Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Two very nice articles from The Grauniad on Mbappé... although his 'goodwill' stock may have dropped a bit since his purported demand to be let go from PSG.

Project Mbappé -- The Making of France's Football Superstar

‘Our idol’: Kylian Mbappé’s World Cup goals bring cheer to banlieue

A genuinely good person who has given much back to his community.

Having said all this, and as a lifelong supporter of Les Bleus, let me wish the best of luck to all England supporters here in The North Stand! :cool: At least we know both teams will want to play some pretty football as they try to advance.

:bloom:

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I can’t believe people are still falling for this. Thunder Bolt is a parody account, and a very good one to be fair. They don’t actually believe the things they post, it’s just harmless banter. Pretending to be a bleeding heart is like pretending to be a hard right nutter. The truth is somewhere in the middle but far less entertaining.

It’s someone with multiple accounts just posting silly things to entertain us/get a rise - and I’m all for it.

My favourite parody account is Crodonilson but Thunder Bolt is a close second.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I can’t believe people are still falling for this. Thunder Bolt is a parody account, and a very good one to be fair. They don’t actually believe the things they post, it’s just harmless banter. Pretending to be a bleeding heart is like pretending to be a hard right nutter. The truth is somewhere in the middle but far less entertaining.

It’s someone with multiple accounts just posting silly things to entertain us/get a rise - and I’m all for it.

My favourite parody account is Crodonilson but Thunder Bolt is a close second.
Exactly! Some of it is quite mystifying, the accounts on here, they can’t be real people.

In more important news than England, Bristol Rovers v Port Vale is the current commentary match on 5Live. Incredible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This bloody whistling when Portugal have the balls is terrible and becoming more common in football generally it seems. Is it just me or does it drive anyone else potty?
They should be throwing camel milk over each other.

Quebec Seagull

Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
This bloody whistling when Portugal have the balls is terrible and becoming more common in football generally it seems. Is it just me or does it drive anyone else potty?

Nope, it's the first time an Arabic nation makes it this far -- fans are proud and pumped.

I seem to remember Cucurella being whistled and booed at not too long ago at the Amex every time he touched the ball..? 😉

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here