Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Twenty Five - The Second Semi Final

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
France = 2 WCs and 2 Euros and counting. England really are international football’s longest standing joke, but hey, the PL is the best league on the planet right?
The fact that Football is a lot bigger in England than France makes this worse

We’re the Newcastle United of International football

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
France = 2 WCs and 2 Euros and counting. England really are international football’s longest standing joke, but hey, the PL is the best league on the planet right?
That’s what happens when you put in place a modern National academy with proper structure and processes. Same with Spain and Germany. It’s also worth noting that in all these cases the league and the respective FAs pull together.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Palauans beg to differ.

As a serious point, and completely off topic to the thread title, "Up Pohnpei" by Paul Watson is an absolutely tremendous book about international football at the wrong end of the rankings. I commend it to anyone and it was one of a few things that kept me sane in lockdown.

ROBS BROTHER

Jan 27, 2022
As a serious point, and completely off topic to the thread title, "Up Pohnpei" by Paul Watson is an absolutely tremendous book about international football at the wrong end of the rankings. I commend it to anyone and it was one of a few things that kept me sane in lockdown.
Come on now We all knew from the outset that this World Cup was corrupt and incompetent. What made you think that a fine upstanding country like England could possibly be successful

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yep, this is not a great French team. We showed them too much respect. Don't buy all this nonsense about us having a younger, less experienced team. Half the French team are youngsters with few caps. We did f*** up.

World Champions four years ago is rather irrelevant
You don't reach 4 finals in 7 for no reason. We really didn't completely f*** up. These are seasoned finalists at the moment; they know how to win (the entire set up, not just the starting 11)

Like I said, we could/should have won the other day, but no chance it was a complete f*** up that we didn't

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here