Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Twelve

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Look at this angle, surprising to think that that it (probably) was in!

1359.jpg
But from that angle it could easily be a foot in. Might as well show a picture from the back of the stand at the opposite end. Not sure what point you're making.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Attachments

• law-9---the-ball-in-and-out-of-play.pdf
    628.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm particularly DELIGHTED that the thug Rudiger, who took the piss out of the Japanese winger with his comedy high-stepping run is out.

And people didn't waste any time with the memes...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
But from that angle it could easily be a foot in. Might as well show a picture from the back of the stand at the opposite end. Not sure what point you're making.

Just that, based on that image, I would definitely say it was out. Ball looks close to the ground and well over, I appreciate its a trick of the angles though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just that, based on that image, I would definitely say it was out. Ball looks close to the ground and well over, I appreciate its a trick of the angles though.
But it's like a cricketer appealing for LBW when fielding at square leg.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I think this highlights the case why VAR is essential, football can be about fine margins, prior to VAR that goal wouldn't have stood and Germany would still be in the world cup so it is absolutely imperative the decision is correct. Otherwise we'd be having the opposite argument how Japan were robbed and Germany are jammy etc, we need technology now etc....

With VAR there's no after debate or argument to have where a 3rd party has arbitrated and made a decision which we all have to accept

There's no way the human eye can make that decision in real time even if they were right next to it

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Not "100% out".

The one TV angle showed base of ball in contact with grass over line, but not curvature of ball.

It's close but this looks a lot more in than out.

View attachment 154276

Does the white line look a bit wide to anyone? More to the point, do you think it might look a bit wide to a German?

The FA says 'The lines must be of the same width which must not be more than (12cm) 5 inches'.
(Note that 12 cm is actually less than 5 inches. It's 4.72441 inches instead. Not that I would want to be called a pedant).

https://www.thefa.com > files > rules-and-regulations

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Good old Jimmy Hill was the best at explaining it

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Does the white line look a bit wide to anyone? More to the point, do you think it might look a bit wide to a German?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If the line was painted a little wider then this opens up a whole new can of worms....

The ball was definatley not 100% out. All the angles we are being provides are not over the ball.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If the line was painted a little wider then this opens up a whole new can of worms....

The ball was definatley not 100% out. All the angles we are being provides are not over the ball.

1.88mm

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
For goodness sake, I mean really?

Is this really what football has come down to?

Shame.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Meh. That's the photo they've released, but there's another one taken a split second later where the ball has actually crossed the line and you can see green between the line and the ball. That one will stay hidden away in the FIFA vaults for ever. And we never landed on the moon, Trump won the 2020 election and 9/11 was an inside job.

Regardless they'll be talking about the 'Hand of VAR' goal for a long time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here