qatar 2022.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Could see Morocco making it difficult for Spain today, Spain seem to get frustrated if their way of playing isn’t working.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Could see Morocco making it difficult for Spain today, Spain seem to get frustrated if their way of playing isn’t working.
Along with Netherlands, Brazil and England, Morocco are one of just four sides who remain unbeaten at this World Cup. They beat Belgium fairly comfortably, too.

If there is to be an upset in this round of 16, this will be it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Along with Netherlands, Brazil and England, Morocco are one of just four sides who remain unbeaten at this World Cup. They beat Belgium fairly comfortably, too.

Noticed you posted elsewhere you are a Grimsby fan? I went to the game on Saturday, 1000 away fans for an 12:30 kick off in London was impressive.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Noticed you posted elsewhere you are a Grimsby fan? I went to the game on Saturday, 1000 away fans for an 12:30 kick off in London was impressive.
Correct, I am. We’ve been travelling particularly well for the past decade or so, oddly coinciding with pretty much the worst period in the club’s history, enduring two separate relegations during that period.

Things are better now, under new ownership that helped see us bounce back into the league in incredible circumstances back in June. That saw us sell over 5,500 season tickets in the summer, accounting for about 90% of home capacity, for the first time ever.

Still, our away followings down south are usually buoyed by a big London contingent of Town fans. Not that the people of Wandsworth are growing up supporting Grimsby; more that if you’re from Grimsby, and you have a professional skill set then you have to move away to make the most of it.

Anyway, I’ll stop hogging this thread. Back to World Cup-related guff…

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

So you don't think Switzerland can get past Portugal, or you wouldn't call that an upset?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I agree, with the slight caveat that I feel like Morocco were in probably the weakest group of the tournament;

Belgium - listless, imploding, all over the place.
Croatia - not the force they were.
Canada - rookies.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The latter.
Ok. So your statement that if there's to be an upset in this round of 16, it will be Morocco, is a fact, because it's the only game left.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was expecting to be supporting Morocco this afternoon, but they can **** off and take their shitty whistling with them. Twats.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Ok. So your statement that if there's to be an upset in this round of 16, it will be Morocco, is a fact, because it's the only game left.
Portugal v Switzerland is the last match as I'm sure you know anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good game this. Both sides look dangerous coming forward. I just feel that the Spanish possession will eventually tell and they'll find enough space for the goal they need.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Portugal v Switzerland is the last match as I'm sure you know anyway.
Yes, but he's already said that Switzerland winning that wouldn't count as an upset.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

When you say unbeaten, what do you mean exactly?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I was expecting to be supporting Morocco this afternoon, but they can **** off and take their shitty whistling with them. Twats.
I definitely won't. Their 'compatriots' have been rioting after every win here. The riot police are already out in all the major cities in case they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here