Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] World Baseball Classic & Major League Baseball 2023

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
After yesterday’s hiccup losing to the Nats, the Braves tear up the Cards 8-3. Nice.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
What an INCREDIBLE facility. That honestly gave me chills while watching it.
Now I REALLY need to get to Japan for a few games.

Wow....just wow 😀 ⚾

The new stadium has many things to offer. It has a hotel, sauna, onsen (= Japanese style spa), etc.

This is about the hotel (you can enjoy watching the game from your room of the hotel)

There are many videos about the new baseball stadium on Youtube. Here is the link of the videos.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The new stadium has many things to offer. It has a hotel, sauna, onsen (= Japanese style spa), etc.

This is about the hotel (you can enjoy watching the game from your room of the hotel)

There are many videos about the new baseball stadium on Youtube. Here is the link of the videos.

Amazing! That hotel is a must do - especially as a Padres fan with the Darvish (& Ohtani) Suite!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
After going 5-1 up after the 5th inning, it was a complete horror show from the Padres bullpen last night.
Crismatt should be nowhere near a major league team, and Garcia wasn't much better.
Too many walks, poor defensive mistakes, & allowing so many stolen bases turned the game on its head.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
After going 5-1 up after the 5th inning, it was a complete horror show from the Padres bullpen last night.
Crismatt should be nowhere near a major league team, and Garcia wasn't much better.
Too many walks, poor defensive mistakes, & allowing so many stolen bases turned the game on its head.
Tee hee.
From my perspective it was an excellent, resilient performance from a small market, low budget team who has to maximise every facet of the game in order to try and compete with you big-spending moneybags (the D'backs total roster this season is $113m compared to the Padres' $237m - the third highest in the sport). We have a superb crop of emerging, speedy, hungry youngsters who are capable of small-balling the biggest teams into submission (I guess the D'backs have a number of things in common with the Albion). The steal of home was a particular highlight!
I'm off to see the home opener tomorrow night against the hateful Dodgers - just hoping Todd Boehly's team have as much success as they did at the Amex back in October.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Heading to San Francisco on Wednesday next week, likely going to catch the Giants v Dodgers game that night. Tickets are still relatively cheap so will score some last minute on Stubhub etc.

I haven't been to an MLS game before, and I must admit I'm not a fan of baseball but sitting around drinking and watching live sport is something I can always get behind!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Head scratching performances from the Padres this season so far...now falling to 8-11, and scoring just one run in the last 25+ innings.
Considering the amount the club has paid certain players, this is just plain embarrassing....and after last night, I still say send Crismatt to the Minors. In fact - tear up his contract ASAP....the guy is useless.

On a happier note though, my son has been selected as a volunteer (inside the stadium) for the London Series between the Cardinals & Cubs! 😀

Last edited:

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Ended up snagging some Giants tickets last minute on StubHub last Wednesday, Oracle Park is a beautiful stadium! Giants went 3-0 up pretty quickly, but then the Dodgers hit a couple homers with bases loaded and the Giants ended up losing 10-5.

Atmosphere was great, Giants are now my MLB team although orange just isn't my colour.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Head scratching performances from the Padres this season so far...now falling to 8-11, and scoring just one run in the last 25+ innings.
Considering the amount the club has paid certain players, this is just plain embarrassing....and after last night, I still say send Crismatt to the Minors. In fact - tear up his contract ASAP....the guy is useless.

On a happier note though, my son has been selected as a volunteer (inside the stadium) for the London Series between the Cardinals & Cubs! 😀
Will probably head off to Chase Field on Saturday to see the D'backs host the Padres (Zac Gallen bobblehead day!).

ZacGallen.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Ended up snagging some Giants tickets last minute on StubHub last Wednesday, Oracle Park is a beautiful stadium! Giants went 3-0 up pretty quickly, but then the Dodgers hit a couple homers with bases loaded and the Giants ended up losing 10-5.

Atmosphere was great, Giants are now my MLB team although orange just isn't my colour.
Hoping to get tickets to the Giants when we visit next September...if it matches up to a home game. Oracle looks great, right next to the bay, in the sun...

Go for the greys if you dont like orange! I picked up this immaculate SF Giants jersey in Brighton last year at one of the vintage stores for £30...lovely top. Also grabbed a cap for a fiver off eBay last month 😀 so Im ready for a game if we get there!

IMG_20220924_151625_801.jpg

Also going to see if we can get tickets for the Angels when we are in Anaheim, and the Padres at the end of the road trip 🙂 Maybe even 49ers / Chargers or Rams NFL tickets as well, if it all syncs up when we are there.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Arizona Diamondbacks have just completed a 4-game sweep of the Rockies for their fifth straight win to put them dead level atop the NL West with the hateful Dodgers and give them the joint best record in the National League. Eleven games over .500 on June 1st! I don't think anybody saw that coming!

Tough series this weekend against the Atlanta Braves who have the same number of losses. Heading down to Chase Field again on Saturday for the fourth time this season.

Let's go, D'Backs!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Super excited to snag some free tickets to the London Series on the 25th between the Cardinals & Cubs. Randomly saw a post on MLBUKs FB page saying that NHS staff could get free tickets, so we jumped on and grabbed 4 out on the 1st baseline, right above the bullpen. We were thinking of going anyway as its my sons birthday treat, but instead of paying serious £££, weve paid just £16 in booking fees instead. Will meet our other son whos working in the stadium that weekend, then head off to Trafalgar Sq for the fan event after the game, and dinner in TGI's before coming home. Cant wait!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
What a terrible year to have the Cards come visit. We're bloody awful

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
What a terrible year to have the Cards come visit. We're bloody awful
Im just glad its not the A's vs Royals..... :ROFLMAO:

Was talking to my son last night who will be volunteering up there and, interestingly, he said they were told on their training day that 40% of tickets have been bought by fans travelling over from the US. Even with the Cards having an up'n'down season so far, London is obviously a big enough draw for the fans to come and watch still!

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Great streak the Athletics are on...7 wins straight (the last 2 vs league leaders Tampa), and the first time a team under .200 has won 7 consecutive since 1895.
Amazing turnaround

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here