Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Athletics Championships London 2017

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The current crop are clean, and those aren't are caught.

A brave claim to make - I genuinely hope you are correct.

You're assuming it's just the athletes, it's not it's the coaches, managers, physios, doctors, sponsors, manufacturers, governing bodies.

In the nicest possible way, please don't make assumptions about what I do or don't assume.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think elite athletes also need to paid far more.

It is totally unacceptable that someone as talented as Mo Farah, for example, should have to struggle though life with something as basic as a broken doorbell. Imagine trying to focus on the build-up to 2012 Olympics and not being able to hear that people have popped by to see you on multiple occasions.It must be really frustrating.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A brave claim to make - I genuinely hope you are correct.

In the nicest possible way, please don't make assumptions about what I do or don't assume.
Me too!

You didn't leave me much choice as you've only, repeatedly, mentioned athletes getting life bans throughout this entertaining discussion.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I cant agree with you. Taking banned performance enhancing drugs is totally different from taking legal supplements.It's an absolute disgrace that an athlete twice banned for drugs is picking up a gold medal this evening. Coe must be squirming with embarrassment. If he isn't then he damned well should be.

TBH, what's turned me in to a supporter of Gatlin and of Dwain Chambers before is not because they got caught out but because of the vitriolic abuse they have received, the fact that they are denied any chance to redeem themselves. That somehow they are the devil incarnate because (in Gatlin's case) they were caught ONCE for SUPPOSEDLY knowingly taking performance enhance drugs. I suspect most of the booers know nothing of Gatlin's history and the details of how we was caught.

This is worth a read:- http://www.sportsintegrityinitiative.com/demonising-justin-gatlin/

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
TBH, what's turned me in to a supporter of Gatlin and of Dwain Chambers before is not because they got caught out but because of the vitriolic abuse they have received, the fact that they are denied any chance to redeem themselves. That somehow they are the devil incarnate because (in Gatlin's case) they were caught ONCE for SUPPOSEDLY knowingly taking performance enhance drugs. I suspect most of the booers know nothing of Gatlin's history and the details of how we was caught.

This is worth a read:- http://www.sportsintegrityinitiative.com/demonising-justin-gatlin/

He certainly sounds like he has been unfairly treated in the first case.

However the second case? That defence is thin.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
100m Medal Ceremony at 6:50pm this evening.

This might even be an event in itself.

Will the inevitable booing of Gatlin as he receives his gold medal have stopped by the time the National Anthem of the USA is played?

Let's hope so...for Christian Coleman's sake at least.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just a few minutes to the 100m Medal Ceremony. Despite the lower numbers, it's still a very noisy crowd inside the stadium!

The ceremony was originally due to be held at 8pm but was moved to 6.50pm before the evening programme starts

The International Association of Athletics Federations has officially insisted that the switch has “nothing to do with the result”, however their denials were met with scepticism by most observers inside the London Stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here