Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Working in Dubai

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
You say Estate Agent ???? Have to tell you that the property market has collapsed there,and is in a disastrous state.... there are thousands of empty properties in Dubai, and also miles upon miles of unfinished buildings and hi rise apartments. Many people from UK and Europe have returned home as 'the dream' has died .
I wouldnt want to put the mockers on something that seems impressive, but think very carefully before committing.
One last thing......Abu Dhabi is basically bailing Dubai out ,financially, and if they pull the plug, well who knows what Dubai will become.

This.

Make sure you have paid accomodation for yourself (found and paid for by your company otherwise DO NOT GO!!!) and be very careful with your money there.... money can dissappear very quickly there. It is a strange world. Right now its probably not the best place to be but it will be an experience.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ok, just thought id bring all up to speed, they have officially offered me the job and I am about 90% convinced that it is something I want to do at this stage in my life. As most people have said, at my age and my situation, it seems perfect. If only for 12 months, maybe 18 months...just to stockpile the money available after my expenditure each month then thats what it is all about...harts shirt, can you send me your details by PM as I fancy a few drinks and getting to know a fellow albion fan over there. Plus, i'll be at the Jumeira Beach Residence...

Stockpile the money... not a chance... unless your company is covering most of your needs.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Go for the experience but remember:- If something looks too good to be true,it is!

Wise words from a 50 year old who has done similar things.

Enjoy yourself and dont take it all too seriously:clap2:

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Thought it would be nice to bring this thread to a close and to let you all know what my plans are. The Dubai move is definately on. I leave on Wednesday morning at 10am, which means I will miss the England game. If anyone knows anyone out there, drop me a PM but of course I will keep people updated and post the odd picture!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Thought it would be nice to bring this thread to a close and to let you all know what my plans are. The Dubai move is definately on. I leave on Wednesday morning at 10am, which means I will miss the England game. If anyone knows anyone out there, drop me a PM but of course I will keep people updated and post the odd picture!

Really wish you all the best - we are moving to Abu Dhabi Sept 1st - exciting times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here