Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work in progress

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Listening to Sammy's interview it was arranged rather hurriedly and was not a planned swoop

Exactly - lets not kid ourselves both fans and management have to take a step back and be realistic about things.

We have a great set up but its obviously costing more than TB thought and he's not prepared to risk any more on the squad.

I don't blame him but he is in danger of letting us fall back down a division and thats not going to make the amex any more profitable.

The fans aren't stupid either, FFP seems to be being used as an excuse to sell the players to balance the books. At some point the club have to move forward again.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The potential is there and people are saying he played well despite being in the club for less than 24 hours. So far, it's a good signing. Feel free to be negative about it though.

Not being negative - but all you are doing is building him up for a big fall like Kemy

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Who cares how long it took, it's a good signing. Ward took 3 months, look how that panned out.

Doesn't bother me was just stating what Hyppia said. Wasn't it the club who said they had been after him for months and then it pans out it was a 3-day rush job, just hope they get a few more quality rush jobs in preferably permanently

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Doesn't bother me was just stating what Hyppia said. Wasn't it the club who said they had been after him for months and then it pans out it was a 3-day rush job, just hope they get a few more quality rush jobs in preferably permanently

Liverpool presumably only notified people that he was free a few days ago. In that case we did bloody well to jump on it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We can possibly compete in defence and midfield once everyone is fit but we have a league one strike force. We will go down if we don't bring in at least two forwards who can score at this level. I have zero confidence in CMS and I'm not convinced by COG but at least he can hold a ball and lay it off.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Not being negative - but all you are doing is building him up for a big fall like Kemy

I've seen him play for about 20 mins for Liverpool in a premier league match. I saw he was quick, knows how to pass, and is positive. Kemy looked like he could cope at this level, he hasn't. This kid looks like he can cope at Premiership level, he just needs a season away from Liverpool, with game time, to prove it.
Yes, he may fail, but I'm genuinely excited by him. I'm also excited by the Chelsea young Ghanaian we bought. I'm hoping to see more of him next season.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Once you have given people a taste of Vincente, Ulloa, Buckley etc they will not accept O'Grady, McCourt & co in their place

Vicente was a fluke, we'll never see his like again while we're at this level. Ulloa and Buckley need replacing, I'm not staing they shouldn't be. We've two weeks left, and then the loan window.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Have some patience. The fans today got to see the first glimpse of Teixeira, one or two more quality signings like this and we'll slowly move up the table. As my good lady always says, it's better coming from behind.

Well said. And I'd like to add that just because, like you I'm a glass half full person with the Albion doesn't mean we're not frustrated with the setbacks. Of course we can and should do better but....

Basically, my philosophy is this: We generally played terribly in League Two and lost to teams like Cheltenham and Northampton and Macclesfield. In League One we were at best patchy against Swindon and Orient and Notts County. If we do ever get promoted then we're odds on to be the league whipping boys and making a big song and dance about getting points against Norwich, West Brom et al. Right now we've had back to back top six finishes in the most competitive league in the world imho and probably where we should be right now, we've the best league attendances in a fantastic stadium and we're playing badly against Brum and Wednesday and probably a few others to come.

The Albion will always let you down but quite honestly these are the good times and I'm loving it.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Happy & content not to dream of promotion. Very worried about the Board doing exactly what they said they wouldn't do by panic buying below quality players at premium prices and watching my team struggle all season as the crowds gradually ebb away.

We could get of lightly this year as Swansea don't have anymore on the transfer list Harley, Dobbie and kemy. They must like us at Swansea!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here