Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work being done at the Amex

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Apologies for the picture quality (my iPhone 3G is AWFUL) but saw this crane round the East Stand of the Amex this morning. Walk past it every day and not seen a crane since the building work was completed, although there was a cherry picker to clear the snow off before the Millwall game.

47e47d23dd56f1af1ed7e43894aa50bf.jpg

And yes, I'm aware this may be boring to many, but thought a few might find it interesting. Anyone got any idea what's going on? Can't be work on the East Stand Upper, unless it's very preliminary.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I have often wondered what a 1 mega pixel camera photo looks like

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I have often wondered what a 1 mega pixel camera photo looks like

Sorry, it's a combination of crappy phone camera and digital zoom (as I was the other side of the dual carriageway). It's normally ok if you don't zoom in, but even at 2x zoom it becomes awful.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Sorry, it's a combination of crappy phone camera and digital zoom (as I was the other side of the dual carriageway). It's normally ok if you don't zoom in, but even at 2x zoom it becomes awful.

And to think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] wets himself over all things apple!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
And to think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] wets himself over all things apple!

I know the camera in the 4 and 4S is much better (I work for an iPhone app developer, fiddling with various phones all the time). Get mocked constantly for only having a 3G.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps somebody had too many pies on Tuesday and is having to be craned out of the window ?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Putting a new sign up above the east stand.

Along those lines am i the only person who thinks the Seagulls Logo crest is a bit too small in proportion to the stadium size, and relative to the sightlines from the A27 and even the pedestrian stadium approach? I am wondering whether there were some planning and/or structural considerations that have dictated it being quite so small.

Personally i'd like a much larger bolder neon sign with perhaps some proud assertive slogan i.e. Home of the Seagulls or Brighton & Hove Albion etc

Alarmingly at a quick glance it also looks a bit like the Eastbourne Arndale Centre logo :(

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Apologies for the picture quality (my iPhone 3G is AWFUL) but saw this crane round the East Stand of the Amex this morning. Walk past it every day and not seen a crane since the building work was completed, although there was a cherry picker to clear the snow off before the Millwall game.

47e47d23dd56f1af1ed7e43894aa50bf.jpg

And yes, I'm aware this may be boring to many, but thought a few might find it interesting. Anyone got any idea what's going on? Can't be work on the East Stand Upper, unless it's very preliminary.

Probably trying to get that bloke out that had the the famouse "Pie Hatrick" on Tuesday!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Along those lines am i the only person who thinks the Seagulls Logo crest is a bit too small in proportion to the stadium size, and relative to the sightlines from the A27 and even the pedestrian stadium approach? I am wondering whether there were some planning and/or structural considerations that have dictated it being quite so small.

Personally i'd like a much larger bolder neon sign with perhaps some proud assertive slogan i.e. Home of the Seagulls or Brighton & Hove Albion etc

Alarmingly at a quick glance it also looks a bit like the Eastbourne Arndale Centre logo :(

Isn't it just as big as the side of the stand would allow? (from memory).

The main issue with particularly lit signage is if they create a hazard to road users by distracting attention, the small seagull logo signs are barely visible from the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here