Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work at stadium with extra seats: photos?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Exactly. We want pretty patterns before disabled facilities. What kind of LAUGHING STOCK does this make us?

I've tried, but nope, I don't understand what you're driving at.

Why do people on here seem to thing attractive design and disabled facilities have to be mutually exclusive. You can have both, but the way it looks, not at the Amex, where the disabled area will look a bit like a portacabin.

NO-ONE is saying we should do away with disabled facilities. If they are, then please provide the quote that suggested so, as I haven't seen it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
IF anyone thinks it will look anything other than amazing then im staggered, just look at it so far... its not going to be ruined is it !

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
QUOTE=Billy the Fish;4895081]Let be honest, I blame the DISABLEDS for all this. Why can't they get off their LAZY arses and sit in a normal SEAT like everyone else :rant:[/QUOTE]

Quite right too.:lolol:

I pondered trying to get in the upper east disabled area myself. But looking at that picture, I'm glad I chose to stay where I am.

Why do people on here seem to thing attractive design and disabled facilities have to be mutually exclusive.

I certainly don't! They like bright colours don't they. Let's give them that and it will keep them occupied whilst the rest of us watch the football.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Why do people on here seem to thing attractive design and disabled facilities have to be mutually exclusive. You can have both, but the way it looks, not at the Amex, where the disabled area will look a bit like a portacabin.

NO-ONE is saying we should do away with disabled facilities. If they are, then please provide the quote that suggested so, as I haven't seen it.

Okay - broadly, the view of the dissenters seems to be that the upper tier looks 'wrong' because there are not blocks of seats all the way to the end. The reason that there are no seats here, is that there is a flat platform instead, for wheelchair users. Ergo, those that require seats all the way, for it to 'look good' do not feel that the inclusion of these facilities is worth adversly affecting the look of the stadium.

At best you are saying 'let's have these facilities, but not where I have to see them'.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
At best you are saying 'let's have these facilities, but not where I have to see them'.

NO, that is absolutely NOT what I'm saying. I think I actually said that the club should be applauded for not tucking these facilities behind the corner flag like they often seem to be at grounds. So actually, virtually the opposite of what you suggest I'm saying "at best."

All I am criticising is the "design" which does look a bit naff. From the picture issued, it looks like two great big portacabins. That seems a pretty lazy design, which is not in keeping with how much effort seems to have gone into the design of so much around the place. No probem with the facilities, no problem with their location, but a big problem with the design. The school report would say "could do better."

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Of course mate, keep taking the medication..... :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Personally I can't see why we need to make any space available in the stands for the disabled. Can't their wheelchairs be suspended from the roof, high enough not to be in the way, giving them a super birds eye view?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Considering the club was lambasted by many for the poor facilities on offer for disabled spectators I find it a bit rich people are slating the east stand upper.

It was always evident from the plans in the saints programme that the top tier would have the two cut out sides, personally I assumed they would be corporate areas but I’m more than happy for these premium positions are being made available for wheelchair users and their carers.

chiefkickass

Jan 19, 2012
That mock up picture is way out. There are 3 rows of seats in front of the disabled area that are not shown. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336140559.863730.jpg

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
yeah, that mockup seems to have completely ignored the plans submitted to the council. There is no way that, in that mockup, the ESU will sit 3,000...

there are far more rows of seating in front of, and behind, the disabled area
eastupper.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here