Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's World Cup

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Reminded me of playing International Superstar Soccer Deluxe on the SNES. If you scored a screamer the little video screen in the game would show a ball ripping through the net.
Such a mixed bag of penalties. 3 absolute shockers then the rest were all very good. Daly’s and the last one both absolute belters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You get the feeling the hosts are only dangling Sam Kerr participation as a carrot to sell tickets now
Are they selling out games? Looked like a fair few empty seats in the England game.

All seems pretty low profile here, the timezone doesn't help. Get an England Australia semi is then we're talking...

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Play like that again and we'll get booted out 100%. Hope that is the bad game out of
our system. Nigeria were good in all fairness, but we played nothing like the way we
did against china.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lovely finish for that 2nd goal, but where was the marking in the middle?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Looking ahead to Englands quarterfinal, its 11.30am on Saturday. I've emailed the club to ask them if Dicks bar will be open and showing the game as if it goes to ET (and even pens) again it would make it tight to get to the Amex for the Luton kickoff and I don't want to miss either! 🤞

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A welcome sight for Australia. Kerr's going to get some minutes now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Many women have mousey brown hair, and blond streaks/highlights make it look more attractive.
Yep.

1691410913759.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are they selling out games? Looked like a fair few empty seats in the England game.

All seems pretty low profile here, the timezone doesn't help. Get an England Australia semi is then we're talking...
There's a huge groundswell of support for the womens game down under, well in NSW anyways. Big supportive crowds of soccer moms and their sportive kids. To give an example, my Aussie mate and her 18 y o daughter (sorry, no pics, pervs) bought tickets for - so far - 11 games. They drive from Woolongong to Sydney and back every game. As well as England game today, the last two they watched were Netherlands v South Africa and Colombia v Germany. They bloomin' can't get enough of it. The generation of Aussie girls - and from other countries - just coming through now will be amazing!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
BBC commentary described England's win as "daylight robbery" and their website has gone with that quote as headline to the story.

REALLY?? Nigeria 2 shots on target to our 4, 56% - 44% possession in our favour, 6 corners to 5 in our favour, a woeful penalty shootout for them and England denied a penalty via VAR.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
BBC commentary described England's win as "daylight robbery" and their website has gone with that quote as headline to the story.

REALLY?? Nigeria 2 shots on target to our 4, 56% - 44% possession in our favour, 6 corners to 5 in our favour, a woeful penalty shootout for them and England denied a penalty via VAR.
Yep looking at the highlights, which looks at the best chances created by both teams it look pretty even, maybe England edge it. I don't know why they over turned the penalty. James was silly and red was the correct decision. definitely not "Daylight Robbery", my definition of that was Fulham at home last season

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003

They had a massive downer on the team for the whole match, really laying into them, which I thought was unfair, as Nigeria were extremely organised. I didn't see most of the first half and I know the Nigerians hit the bar twice, but they rarely threatened in the second half and just looked to capitalise on an England mistake. They made very little headway in extra time and England played well. Honestly thought I was watching a different match to them.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Yeah, but as someone who watched the full 120 I would absolutely agree we were second best. Defended very well though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They had a massive downer on the team for the whole match, really laying into them, which I thought was unfair, as Nigeria were extremely organised. I didn't see most of the first half and I know the Nigerians hit the bar twice, but they rarely threatened in the second half and just looked to capitalise on an England mistake. They made very little headway in extra time and England played well. Honestly thought I was watching a different match to them.
Wiegman outsmarted the Chinese with her three at the back + wing back formation and we cut loose, but apart from that we have really missed Beth Mead and also Ellen White. Williamson's absence means we have a distinct lack of pace at centre back and the whole team has to be rejigged to compensate for that.

Therefore, to win this tournament we have to be pragmatic and play a different way. Wiegman knows this and has made us hard to score against. However, the commentators still seem stuck in Euro 2022 mode.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nigeria deserved a win, but England battled brilliantly and met a fabulous keeper who kept three excellent Lioness chances out. Think we’ll play better without LJ.
Is she out for the rest of the tournament?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here