[Football] Women’s WC Final - who is watching?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women’s WC Final - are you going to watch?

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And all because that midfielder didn't move 5 yards for the Bronze through ball
Toone clueless there. She had acres of space to run into down the left but didn't show for the pass Bronze wanted to make. Move breaks down, Bronze out of position, goal.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Not me. I don't get the excitement over it, it's a rubbish standard, most people who are 'into it' are because it's the 'in thing' to say you like women's football, where were you 10 years ago? The fact Rishi and Prince William aren't going tells you all you need to know.
Them not being there is a plus for me, TBH.

10 years ago, I was getting ready for a massive career change (and drop in salary) to become a full-time youth football coach.

I ended up as the Development Officer for Women's and Girls' Football at AITC, putting in place a player pathway for female footballers as there was only one for boys, and putting 30 players into academies in the 2 and a bit seasons I ran our centres.

I'm now at a grass roots club where we they have gone from one girls' team to having teams from U9s to our first U18s team (managed by me) this season - plus a Wildcats centre for younger ones - and I hope to complete the pathway with a development and senior women's team over the next couple of seasons.

So, yeah, I'm a JCL.

I'm also (less heavily) involved in grassroots boys' football, as my daughter plays in a "boys" league too, and the players/parents/most of the coaches I encounter are the kind of people that make me much prefer being involved in female football.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Toone gets subbed at half- time she can have no complaints. It's been like 10 v 11 the whole half.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
If Spain's final ball was better, like that last chance, they could be out of sight by now. Glad to get to HT 1-down and get a chance to reset.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
England naive.
Outclassed technically but only just as both teams are poor.
Looks a bit like school kid football at times.

Come on girls, you're much better than this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Daly and Bronze wary of getting too far forward because they know Bright and Carter have no pace, and they know there's no cover in behind them.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
England naive.
Outclassed technically but only just as both teams are poor.
Looks a bit like school kid football at times.

Come on girls, you're much better than this.
After watching a team of monsters yesterday this is absolutely gash in comparison. Going off if Spain score again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports