Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Womens Ashes

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
The mens adult cricket ball has always been about 16% heavier and larger than a youth cricket ball. Same for ladies cricket, it’s smaller because physiologically their hands are smaller. Try getting a small hand to get spinning revs on a large ball, and it just doesn’t work. So it’s only natural.

Just rejoice in the knowledge that things look bigger in a woman’s hand than a man’s…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BiC-Her-Ball-Pen-Black/dp/B004FTF6H4

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Cracking match that. The women really should play more test cricket. One game is not enough

Shame most of the third day was lost to the weather.

Two declarations by Meg Lanning that very very nearly cost dear but contrived to all 3 results possible in the final hour - draw seems fair - good cricket.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Not exactly the Ashes but first game of Women's World Cup is on Sky and nicely poised between Aussies and England. England 232-5 , need 79 from 50 balls

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Game on at Trent Bridge, some stormage forecast.

Aus win toss and bat.

Eng weren't sure, so let's see what happens.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My Mind has just been blown.
I have just found out that women play with a different size cricket ball to men.
I have played cricket all my life from a 8yr old boy to a 40yr old man & we always played with the same size ball.
I have also played with & against girls using the same ball.
We now live in a world where equality should not even be am issue.
So why are female cricketers not given the same equipment as male cricketers.
Maybe I am just behind the times but why can’t both Boys & Girls play together using the same equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Equality doesn’t mean treating everyone the same. It means trying to give everyone of all backgrounds and ability, an equal opportunity.
There’s a big difference.

You wouldn’t force someone in a wheel chair to try and crawl up a flight of stairs and say “nope, you want equality, you use the stairs like everyone else”. We provide a lift so that everyone has a chance to get to the top of the stairs.

We make allowances so everyone can try and achieve the same end result.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Women are being allowed to wear darker shorts or skirts now in tennis in case they leak during play whilst menstruating. The same is going to happen in cricket apparently. I thought everyone would like to discuss that.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Women are being allowed to wear darker shorts or skirts now in tennis in case they leak during play whilst menstruating. The same is going to happen in cricket apparently. I thought everyone would like to discuss that.
Madness! And at the end of the day it’s the taxpayer that picks up the bill. Not them. Old muggins here paying for their so-called equal rights. No doubt they are all on benefits and smoke 40 a day.

Yet again it’s one rule for them and another for the rest of us.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Madness! And at the end of the day it’s the taxpayer that picks up the bill. Not them. Old muggins here paying for their so-called equal rights. No doubt they are all on benefits and smoke 40 a day.

Yet again it’s one rule for them and another for the rest of us
If you even say you’re a man nowadays they throw you in prison

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There was a chap at my school who shat his cricket whites while fielding.

He was known as “cricket browns” from that day on. No special darker trousers for him. A different age. More resilient.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In all seriousness, a genuinely good thing and hopefully encourages more girls into the system. For all that people (rightly) lambast the hundred, I think few would argue that the best thing about it has been the massive boost to the profile of the women's game it's bought about.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Yet again it’s one rule for them and another for the rest of us.
Giant PLASMA SCREEN TVs.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
C33A28BC-DDD5-4504-A141-80DC7D542E5E.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was rather hoping this thread was about disposing of nagging wives.

In fairness she does say “when you stop breathing, I will stop having anything to nag about”
Yep. I thought this was another questionable thread started by a new poster, who feels a need to cut and paste ghastly stories from the internet on a football forum.

That said, I'll hold my hand up. I have pasted quite a few ghastly stories myself. Mostly along the lines of 'Johnson is still an MP'. Thankfully that can now cease.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here