Woman beheaded in North London Garden ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Most incidents like this in the UK are as a result of individuals with mental health issues. I'd be surprised if it turns out otherwise.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
This is the problem with the internet and sensation based tabloids putting on pictures and videos of the 2 poor american chaps about to face this barbaric act. I maybe wrong, but doubt this person who did this deed was not influenced by the above.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I did wonder what they were hoping that the air ambulance was going to be able to achieve.

Horrendous.

I'm guessing they weren't sure if there were other victims at that stage.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Most incidents like this in the UK are as a result of individuals with mental health issues. I'd be surprised if it turns out otherwise.

In this context I am not too sure if thats true, it may be, but the action of beheading today does have its connotations in Islamist extremists, just as some seem desperate to disassociate the 'Islamic/Asian/Muslim factor' to this horrendous event, some with mental health issues might also wish to receive similar disassociation.

Its a little bit hypocritical to dismiss a likely extreme Islamist action whilst casually passing it on to the many struggling with mental health issue, most without violence tendencies.

Whether in a far away dessert or a suburban back garden its a pretty horrendous act thats for sure.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
In this context I am not too sure if thats true, it may be, but the action of beheading today does have its connotations in Islamist extremists, just as some seem desperate to disassociate the 'Islamic/Asian/Muslim factor' to this horrendous event, some with mental health issues might also wish to receive similar disassociation.

Its a little bit hypocritical to dismiss a likely extreme Islamist action whilst casually passing it on to the many struggling with mental health issue, most without violence tendencies.

Whether in a far away dessert or a suburban back garden its a pretty horrendous act thats for sure.

When I first heard this on the radio, the first thing which sprang to my mind was individual with mental health problems. We don't all jump to the Islamophobic and racist conclusions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When I first heard this on the radio, the first thing which sprang to my mind was individual with mental health problems. We don't all jump to the Islamophobic and racist conclusions.
Is it possible to do such an act without mental health issues?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
When I first heard this on the radio, the first thing which sprang to my mind was individual with mental health problems. We don't all jump to the
Islamophobic and racist conclusions.

What a pathetic post. I would suggest more people than would care or are afraid to admit thought about the possibility it was a terrorist attack.

If that makes me a racist then so be it, im guessing that makes you a mentalist then.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I'm not quite sure how my view is hypocritical, neither does it make judgement. It is merely an observation of similar historical incidents. The BBC have reported, via the Police, that the incident is not believed to be 'terror related'. Also the individual concerned was reported as killing animals too.

The assertion that most such incidents are as a result of an individual with mental health issues is certainly not laying an image on everyone who who experiences the same. That is a rather asinine suggestion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The first thing that sprang to mind when I heard about this was the machete attack in Wolverhampton over a decade ago when the nursery nurse and children were attacked. That man was a schizophrenic, and was sentenced to a mental hospital indefinitely.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What a pathetic post. I would suggest more people than would care or are afraid to admit thought about the possibility it was a terrorist attack.

If that makes me a racist then so be it, im guessing that makes you a mentalist then.

Well, I'm quite proud of being pathetic, then.

Pardon me for shouting, but I genuinely thought immediately that it would be an attack by someone with mental health issues. It was not reported as being a soldier, or a politician, or anything else that might be a target. It was a woman in a garden in an anonymous north London suburb. What reason is there to suppose anything else?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A woman was murdered in the New Forest on Tuesday - stabbed several times. One of the local people they interviewed on South Today had a brown skin which suggests he is not from these shores. Why have the local police not put 2 and 2 together and made 87 and arrested him? I couldn't see any blood spatters on his clothing, but......

It is sometimes too easy to jump to conclusions.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Is it possible to do such an act without mental health issues?

probably not, but it's a question of it being the main reason rather than a secondary matter.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

PS - I wasn't actually trying to imply that anybody who did jump to the conclusion that it was Islam related was racist, although I appreciate it could be taken that way. It could be the result of worry or fear or probably other things as much as racially motivated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports