Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woman beaten up by a gang of men in Brighton.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Because it's pretty safe to say that nobody EVER got randomly attacked down an alleyway in Brighton at 6am on a Saturday morning.

Thats not actually true, as I have a friend and his wife got attacked a year or so ago outside I think near the Market Inn, 'Hanningtons' and another group of colleagues around that part of town too, I think its a place where CCTV is obscured.

The second group who got attacked and had a jacket stolen are a tough lot with some influence on criminality in Brighton, the Jacket was soon returned whilst 3 of the attackers promptly left town ......

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thats not actually true, as I have a friend and his wife got attacked a year or so ago outside I think near the Market Inn, 'Hanningtons' and another group of colleagues around that part of town too, I think its a place where CCTV is obscured.

The second group who got attacked and had a jacket stolen are a tough lot with some influence on criminality in Brighton, the Jacket was soon returned whilst 3 of the attackers promptly left town ......

Fair enough, but you have to admit the time and the place are pretty bloody unlikely for a purely 'random' attack. I mean, REALLY?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Fair enough, but you have to admit the time and the place are pretty bloody unlikely for a purely 'random' attack. I mean, REALLY?

Of course, but it did shock me into remembering those last two attacks around the same area to people I know, which is unusual.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I'm not sure I understand what it is you are getting at.

EDIT: Just saw the post above.

Yeah, perhaps. There are a fair few people out of their mind knocking about at that time, though. I should know, I was one of them this weekend.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Vile attack obviously. But 6am on a Saturday morning?! The chances of that being a random attack must be negligible shirley?

Why? It happened at around 6 a.m. on a Saturday morning in the vicinity of a large institution that employs hundreds of women, many of them on shift work. Sounds commonplace (the woman's presence at that time and place, not the assault) rather than random.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm probably digging a massive hole for myself, but .... how does she know her attackers were 3 or 4 black men
I have no idea - she woke up in hospital, did someone perhaps call an ambulance? Could there have been a witness, or someone who saw some men?

Because it's pretty safe to say that nobody EVER got randomly attacked down an alleyway in Brighton at 6am on a Saturday morning.
Some sort of joke that's over my head I assume.

FishPie

Banned
Sep 2, 2016
They were African migrants from the calais camp that have been resettled into Brighton and Hove.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What makes you think it was racially-motivated?

Personally speaking something doesn't ring true about this story , but here's a quick question , if it was 4 white blokes beating up a black woman do you think it would be reported as a racist attack?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here