Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Utter mess by Wolves, and yet another reason why Poyet wouldn't be interested in them.

I can't help thinking that they thought they had plans in place when they let MM go, and something went wrong.

Having said that, a club can't win, can it ? If they look for a manager to replace thier current one while he's still there, they get accused of being trecherous behind peoples back - if they wait until the post is vacant and they don't fill it immmediately, they are accused of being disorganised.

(another £10)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Can't see bloom holding gus back and to be honest we need a committed manager who is going to take us forward,gus just says to many of the wrong things.I don't think gus has done enough to make him this good yet,maybe his ego gets to far ahead of him at times.

I say let him go and lets get zola in asap:)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I honestly cannot see Gus being remotely interested in a job at a club that has handled itself this badly. Here Gus has a reasonable budget, a team on the up, a supportive chairman with a clear vision of the future and most importantly a key say in every important decision that gets made at the club. Wolves have not been able to satisfy the demands of a number of modest applicants for the job what makes anyone think they can possibly tempt Poyet.

Wolves are not going to end up with anyone better than the person they dumped. That McCarthy had kept them in the premier league for as long as he has been a decent achievement.

Sums it up...

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
BBC says they are still after Curbishley, even though he said he couldn't work with the chairman/owner!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I must confess that I am getting increasingly pissed-off by Poyet's comments regarding his future ambitions in management. I recognise that it goes with the package, but all this constant speculation can't be good for match preperations - & it certainly ain't doing much for club unity. I just wish he'd get on with the job he's agreed to do here & let his career take care of itself. Bloody modern football. Bring back jumpers for goalposts I say (& proppa football boots n all). Meh. :annoyed:

Gus's comments are often taken out of context by the media. Most hacks like to put some dressing to a run of the mill story in order to spice it up. Read between the lines of his quotes & they come across as something any half reasonable person would say in many managers shoe's.

Now Adams in his first stint here? He never buttoned his gob for five minutes about his 'ambitions' to manage at a higher level. Towards the end, he quite clearly thought he was too good for Brighton. At higher levels he was pretty soon found out apart from getting Leicester promoted on money they never had. Look where he is now? He's fortunate Port Vale took him back.

Compared to Adams, Gus is a master of diplomacy when it comes to 'future ambitions'.

PS - I claim my £10.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Tony knew all along this would happen sooner or later the bigger clubs wil be sniffing around, he is a gambler and that is why Gus is on one of the longest contracts in the country.

Gus & Tony have laid the foundations for the future and Gus is now looking to just use those foundations as a stepping stone, which was always going to be the case with Gus. He will get linked with any big club job that comes up, we have just got to accept it and stop bleating about it. The signs have been there all along he will be off. Gus thinks he is bigger than us and I am fine with that and thank him for all the work he has done and hopefully will continue to do for the future, but he will go.

Brighton & Hove Albion have survived bigger problems than Gus leaving, Get a grip people so what if he goes.

Next

£10 please :D

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:lolol: :jester:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Whats all this about 10 pounds a reply? Whats that all about.

Send mine via paypal please.

p.s. Gus is going nowhere and we dont need to have 20 odd pages to discuss it. When he goes it will be to a team with more short term potential than Brighton. Wolves have nothing going for them right now.

RedSteve65

Apr 3, 2011
BBC are also reporting that Wolves are not following up their "interest" in Gus due to the prohibitve £2m it would cost in compensation.

But just in case £10 please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports