Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves fans applauding us at the end

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Mr sir jack Hayward who did live in Sussex spent millions on Wolves so it shows you money doesn't always work it's about a good chairman a good chief Excutive a brilliant Manager and passionate fans good team spirit nice stadium good youth policy good food and beer and years of hurt.
Let's hope our party goes well on Monday and Wigan play there part and lose.:banana::banana::banana::O:clap:t

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Really - what's that all about? I don't remember ever clapping another team for being close to promotion after I've seen us lose.

I think they are acknowledging that we will go up now and good on them. In the pre-match thread Wolves ground was described as being a bit like Dodge city,,,

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Mr sir jack Hayward who did live in Sussex spent millions on Wolves so it shows you money doesn't always work it's about a good chairman a good chief Excutive a brilliant Manager and passionate fans good team spirit nice stadium good youth policy good food and beer and years of hurt.
Let's hope our party goes well on Monday and Wigan play there part and lose.:banana::banana::banana::O:clap:t

money does work for a time e.g. wolves & blackburn & wigan all had success but it has faded. if we are in the Pl for 10 years it would be a success.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I found them really friendly as well. They didn't even take offence when I made a joke about one of their players.

Andy Wiemann's Agent was there and we were speaking about him. At the end I said ''was your lad playing, I don't recall seeing him''

He responded ''yes number 63 ''

To which I joked '' oh yes I do recall seeing him when he briefly fell out of Seb Pocognoli's pocket '' And he even laughed
Posh banter.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Didn't really notice their fans except for the the handful going over the top with the :tosser: and nancy boys gestures at the end. My favourites were the ones in the hospitality box just behind us offering everyone out (through the glass naturally) before getting kicked out ten minutes from the end. I guess they were fairly noisy for the first 10 minutes.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This. Plus I'm quite envious of the whole wolf iconography they've got - the two wolves/dogs that are paraded pre match (beautiful animals) & the 'out of the darkness' tags. & the Black Country pre match music (you can't beat a bit of Led Zep to get you in the mood) as well as possibly the best programme cover art I've ever seen - worth sharing here if I can work out how (I love that the seagulls are putting up a fight, as we know they can):
View attachment 84097

Not had a full read yet but Wolves programme is easily best so far this season. Can't see how QPR won the official award for theirs in comparison.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Was a bit perplexed about the billboard banner which read " This is our love and it knows no division" and at both ends of that were toasters, yes toasters.
Now judging by the tubby kids playing that penalty shoot out at half time, do they really mean they love toast ???

IMG_1304.JPG

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I found them really friendly as well. They didn't even take offence when I made a joke about one of their players.

Andy Wiemann's Agent was there and we were speaking about him. At the end I said ''was your lad playing, I don't recall seeing him''

He responded ''yes number 63 ''

To which I joked '' oh yes I do recall seeing him when he briefly fell out of Seb Pocognoli's pocket '' And he even laughed

when I lived in Shrewsbury I went to a fair few Wolves matches (Steve Bull and all that) and the were great lads

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I noticed that as well, quite a few behind the goal to our left applauding the players off. As already mentioned, probably out of respect as we didn't rub their fans faces in it when they went down.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
I found the Wolves fans I met to be very generous in their praise for the Albion. A nearby neighbour in his 70s – a 60 year Wolves’ veteran and STH – gave my son and me a lift to the game with two of his Wolves’ mates and they were very complimentary about us, our style of football and were aware of the struggles we’ve overcome.

After the game, every Wolves fan we met on the way back to the car park wished us all the best for promotion. I didn’t hear a single adverse comment.

My moment of the day was when we left the ground and headed off to a nearby Wolves’ car park to meet our hosts for the journey home. We crossed a line of bobbies who saw our blue and white scarves but were aware that we weren’t walking towards the Albion coaches or the train station. We were stopped and asked “Where are you going sir?”. “To the Premier League!”, I replied. The policemen all laughed, wished us good luck and waved us through. Another great away day.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the flip side, they gave a louder and more widely sung version of Does Your Boyfriend...etc and We Can See You Holding Hands than any other team I can remember this season except Lincoln (and you kind of expect it from lower league/ non league sides as generally they haven't worked out that it's 2017 and most people have moved on). Wolves' South Bank did seem to delight in that.

Can't say I really encountered any generous Wolves fans apart from one family on the train to the game, but obviously others did, so fair play.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But that was the last day of the season, right? So we were applauding them being champions. That's not the case today (which is why I said "clapping another team for being close to promotion").

Well the season is nearly over, we may not be champions, (yet), but we are all but promoted.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was that the game when the Wolves players went to there fans at the end throwing there shirts into the crowd and one got thrown back :moo:
That rings a bell :lol:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
This blog by a Wolves fan is a good read. Quite funny about where he sees the shortcomings in his team ("Matt Doherty cannot and never will be able to defend, and perpetually displays the body language of a 13 year old being dragged to Freeman Hardy Willis on the hunt for some sensible shoes") but also an interesting assessment of what our strengths are.

https://danwolves.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/reaction-wolves-0-2-brighton/

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Anybody who applauds the away team or fans need shooting. It's a look at me aren't I a generous and loveable new age fan. Bring back the old days when you'd be running the gauntlet back to the station.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Anybody who applauds the away team or fans need shooting. It's a look at me aren't I a generous and loveable new age fan. Bring back the old days when you'd be running the gauntlet back to the station.

Having lived through those 60s/70s days I'm glad for the changes...must be getting old. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here