Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
134321-ff37bf2c34fe7d9acad036cf42f0009a.jpg
134297-39f6512e6e3b71ea26a0c094f44221c2.jpg

Wolves v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue:
Molineux Stadium
Date: Saturday 5th November 2022
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Graham Scott
Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Sunny Gill
VAR: John Brooks
Additional VAR: Darren Cann

TEAM NEWS

Wolves midfielder Matheus Nunes was substituted last week because of injury and continues to be assessed.

Diego Costa begins a three-match ban following the first Premier League red card of his career but Tote Gomes could be fit.

Brighton forward Danny Welbeck has recovered from the illness which ruled him out of last weekend's 4-1 win over Chelsea.

Joel Veltman might also return to the squad after a calf issue.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Brighton have beaten Wolves eight times in the top flight, their highest tally against any side.
  • However, Albion's 3-0 victory at Molineux in April ended a six-match Premier League winless run in this fixture.
Wolves
  • Wolves have won only two of their past 20 league fixtures, losing 12.
  • They've earned four points from five games under caretaker manager Steve Davis.
  • The West Midlands side have failed to score more than once in any of their 13 league matches this season.
  • Wolves are the division's lowest scorers with six goals, none of which have come after the 56th minute.
  • Jonny Castro is one short of his 100 Premier League appearance for Wolves.
Albion
  • Brighton earned their first win under Roberto de Zerbi at the sixth attempt last week, following a run of two draws and three defeats.
  • A fourth away defeat of the campaign would be as many as in the entire 2021-22 season.
  • The Seagulls have won only three of their 18 Premier League games played in November (D7, L8).
  • Leandro Trossard has scored six goals in his past seven league appearances.

Roberto De Zerbi's Wolves Press Conference

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Let’s not get too confident.., ., this is the Albion, remember..
However, I’d say, “ Come on lads you are good enough to beat this lot. Remember Liverpool, and Man U? That’s the spirit. Let’s do it to them before they do it to us”.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I hate this type of game after a great win, yes we should win and I keep telling myself this is Brighton and we never do easy or logical to keep my hopes down and avoid the usual disappointment, you never know we might buck the Albion way and come away with a result, fingers crossed in hope rather than expectation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
De Zerbi tactics are going to see us come unstuck at times, hoping today is not one of them

Traore is always a worry when he plays against us. Greased up beast scares me

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
For me all these pre World Cup games are a bit of a free hit given the change up top. I'm loving RDZ as a man, love his bullishness and confidence, definitely seen enough glimpses to know the team under him can move up another level but it's been a massive ask to get his message across so quickly and with so many games. That being said, the next two games will give us an indication of how well the players are adapting and clues to how we might get on post WC. So, although I won't be too disheartened if we don't get results I'm really expecting 6 from the next 2.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
It would feel really good to go against Brighton tradition and follow up a win against a big team with a win against a struggling side. If that happens I will feel even more confident that RDZ is changing things for the better.

I’m at a loss as to how we always do the Brighton thing otherwise.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
We were used to dizzying heights being followed by stomach-churning lows under Potter. Perhaps now that we’re not managed by an individual who looks like a trawler skipper, our form won’t fluctuate like waves on a stormy sea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here