Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
He was as hard working as ever and as crap as ever.

Agreed, every pass went astray, every shot high and wide but he called Jon Moss a **** so he's OK with me.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Not particularly bothered today. Still got a good chance of a win next week, West Ham look shot to me.

Intrigued to see what defence we put out without Dunky

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Not particularly bothered today. Still got a good chance of a win next week, West Ham look shot to me.

Intrigued to see what defence we put out without Dunky

If Veltman is out injured, my money is on a back three of White - Webster - Burn with Groß and Moder as wingbacks ala Newcastle at home.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate doesnt help when your best defender goes off but so often you see sides go down to 10 and are very hard to break down. Yesterday was the opposite and looked like conceding all the time. To me once we took 2 out and out attacking players off and put Burn at full back against Traore we were in trouble. Also didnt help no player to play RB.. Surely would have helped if a natural defender like Karbanak had been sub.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Appreciate doesnt help when your best defender goes off but so often you see sides go down to 10 and are very hard to break down. Yesterday was the opposite and looked like conceding all the time. To me once we took 2 out and out attacking players off and put Burn at full back against Traore we were in trouble. Also didnt help no player to play RB.. Surely would have helped if a natural defender like Karbanak had been sub.

I couldn’t help thinking that if the positions had been reversed and Wolves had gone down to 10 that they would probably have gone and scored a second on the counter attack. Fact is that we have long been shit at getting anything whether we play with or against 10 men. This is nothing new, we’ve been doing it for decades :wink:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

It was desperately dissapointing, Wolverhampton are one of the most stodgy, turgid teams in the league, they have little attacking flair so even with 10 men I expected we would see out the game given our total dominance to that point. Instead we gave up all possession of the football and let them attack at will. There was a lack of effort and application in the last half hour and that's why if I were GPott I'd have been reading out The Riot Act to the players after the game.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It was desperately dissapointing, Wolverhampton are one of the most stodgy, turgid teams in the league, they have little attacking flair so even with 10 men I expected we would see out the game given our total dominance to that point. Instead we gave up all possession of the football and let them attack at will. There was a lack of effort and application in the last half hour , I suspect GPott had a soft chat and a cup of tea with the players after the game, to remind them we can learn from this and move on.

fixed.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Think we'd be ok for 30 mins with 10 against most sides. But it's hard to stop Traore when they have more space.

When you dring on a Rugby union player covered in snake oil it's going to be hard to stop him . . . probably only Lamptey could catch him, but he'd get swatted away. I thought Burn did ok actually. it was a team effort to throw it all away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here